Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #1

introduction

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and navigation is not easy. My wife and I own a lexington 283gts and we reside in cajun land. we're new to rving but not camping. we were camping in a tent for the last 20 years but the rain got to us so we decided to buy a motorhome. a good move for us but tent camping was very fun and private. we're interested in cozy spots where we can be calm and not bug other campers. we like elkmont campground in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and will be heading there on the 26 of this month. there is much more but I don't want to bore anyone.
J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 PM   #2

Welcome aboard!!

We're glad to have you here. Navigation will get easier with time. Being new to the RV world you're gonna have questions and I'm betting somebody here will be able to help out.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #3

Welcome to the Forums!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:28 PM   #4

Welcome to the site and I would like to offer a suggestion. Please pm me a user name other than your e-mail address as that can be picked up by the bots and then get you on a spam list.

I hate spam and would like to help you not get any if I can.

So please pm or email me with a name for me to change for you.

Again WELCOME to the site.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #5

Welcome, J.R.(rodriguej).

Glad to have you with us. This is a very infomative forum. Hope to hear from you often.

BTW, What part of Cajun Country are you from?
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #6

Thanks for the welcome Milzat . We live in Thibodaux.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #7

Not far from where we live.
We are in Prairieville.

Got any good places to camp near Thibodeaux?
We've been to Verret's in Stephensville, a small but nice quiet place with 12 sites. Would like to go to Lakes End in Morgan City, but always seems to be booked.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #8

Welcome to the Forest River Forums J.R. We are all glad you found us. Since you are from Cajun country, you can keep an eye on Milzat for us.

Don't hesitate to post any questions or comment you have. You won't bore us. If you have any difficulty navigating, we can help. Plus the more you visit the easier it becomes.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #9

Welcome to the forums.......enjoy your new toy.

MrSen

Night's camped in 2010 36
MrSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #10

Cool J.R.

Welcome to Forest River Forums!!!!!!
2007 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4X4
MRimmer says that I need a Toy Hauler......
Screamin' Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Never a bore! And we all still have fond and/or damp memories of our tenting days. Sounds like we have the same taste in campgrounds too. I do prefer the nice quiet ones.
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #12

J.R. is a MUCH better of an ID than the other one! and WELCOME again

pull up a chair, kick back, have fun , and make some friends

greg
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #13

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the forum. I hope I can contribute. Milzat the campground in Morgan City gets high praises from the people I know who use it. Nice family place. I like more prinmitive camping like at Lake Kincaid in the Kisatchie National Forest or Elkmont in the Smokies or Shady Lake in Arkansas. We try to avoid big crowds and campsites that are too close together like the old sites at Fountain Bleu St. park. Nice eats at Tunks on Lake Kincaid. Praireville is nice and uncrowded but is growing very fast!!
Old 05-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #14

Aintgotnun, Milzat got me out of that predicament, very fast. Didn't like my e-mail all over the place.I have no skills in forum etc. Thanks again to Milzat. Welshman you'll have to tell me about your favorite places. parlez le Francais? Been to Banff? Now that's nice camping. I'd like to go back in our morohome.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Un peu, mais not enough to brag about! A lot of acadian friends though. No I'm on the east coast. Banff is a loooong trek... New York-to-Vegas long!

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Aintgotnun, Milzat got me out of that predicament, very fast. Didn't like my e-mail all over the place.I have no skills in forum etc. Thanks again to Milzat. Welshman you'll have to tell me about your favorite places. parlez le Francais? Been to Banff? Now that's nice camping. I'd like to go back in our morohome.
Sorry, J.R.
That was Mike(MRimmer), the board owner.

Not to be confused with me(milzat), real name Michael, but I go by Mike also.
And Yes, Prairieville is a nice place, but growning way too fast. When we moved here in'94, there were lots of pasture and wood land. Now the cows and trees don't stand a chance. LOL.....

Old 05-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #17

Hey Mike I'm getting everyone confused, anyway thanks. How do I look at the message and reply. Like split screen or somthing. As you can see my comupter skills are limited or as they say challenged.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Hey Mike I'm getting everyone confused, anyway thanks. How do I look at the message and reply. Like split screen or somthing. As you can see my comupter skills are limited or as they say challenged.
If you mean that you want to be able to see the post that you are replying to there are 2 ways to go about doing it.

1st is the quick reply. Directly below the post there is an open box labled "Quick Reply". Simply fill in your response and click the "Post Quick Reply" button.

2nd is to click the "Quote" button. That will then open the same "reply" window that you get when you click the "Post Reply" button with the exception that the previous poster's text will be included. Now, you can leave that poster's text quoted as I am in this post or after you have typed in your response you can just delete all of the quoted text.

Best thing to do is just play with it. Don't worry about breaking anything or looking silly. We all had to learn at some point. We're all friends here so no worries. Have fun.

greg
Old 05-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
If you mean that you want to be able to see the post that you are replying to there are 2 ways to go about doing it.

1st is the quick reply. Directly below the post there is an open box labled "Quick Reply". Simply fill in your response and click the "Post Quick Reply" button.

2nd is to click the "Quote" button. That will then open the same "reply" window that you get when you click the "Post Reply" button with the exception that the previous poster's text will be included. Now, you can leave that poster's text quoted as I am in this post or after you have typed in your response you can just delete all of the quoted text.

Best thing to do is just play with it. Don't worry about breaking anything or looking silly. We all had to learn at some point. We're all friends here so no worries. Have fun.

greg

Thanks Greg, let's see if this works. Another question is; how do I get where I am now? Don't know what I did. Thanks for patience.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Another question is; how do I get where I am now? Don't know what I did. Thanks for patience.
Well, 1st your mom and dad met. Then they...............

Oh wait, probably not what you meant huh?

Up at the top of the window are some links that are underlined. "Forest River Forums > General Discussion > Welcome Mat > introduction " The first one will take you back to the entire list of forums for browsing...

Hope that's what you meant.

greg