Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2022, 04:28 PM   #1
Kayak man

It's here, and warranty claim from get go

My 2023 270FKS Salem Hemisphere arrived. I was very excited... until I wasn't. After hooking her up and going through my "Post PDI" I found some drips at sink traps (easy fix) and the kitchen sink only dribbling cold water and no hot. After some diagnosis I found the braided, stanless lines were kinked at the base of the faucet. I will be a full timer, and was hoping to move in, but I won't until it is repaired. Not trusting the lines, and want them replaced. That is an unknown at this time.

I am guessing the manufacturer and dealer do not hook up water and do function tests. If they did, this would've been caught. I paid for delivery, 400 miles worth and now hope the local dealer that wanted 25K more won't hold a grudge. Maybe the warranty process will be quick. Anyone here submit claims? If so, how long did it take?

I shouldn't be surprised, if it can possibly go wrong, it can when humans are involved. I'll keep you posted on The progress.
Kayak man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 04:31 PM   #2

Find an independent repair "only" facility and call Forest River and ask if they are on their approved repair facility list. You'll get far better service than you would at a dealership that is only concerned with sales.
Old 08-29-2022, 05:26 PM   #3

From their website

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/contact-us/hemisphere

Diana Ortiz
(574) 533-2165
dortiz@forestriverinc.com
---------------------------------------------------

contact Diana for a list of repair places near you
You can pick a mobile tech BUT you may have to pay the tech and get re-reimbursed

I had my microwave changed out under warranty via a mobile guy and he charged them direct.

----------------------------------------------------------------
You may be able to get new braided waterline from hardware store
and not have the hassle of waiting
Old 08-29-2022, 05:57 PM   #4
D W

I'm guessing none of this stuff was checked during the actual PDI?
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 06:19 PM   #5
Kayak man

I am guessing not. Pretty hard to miss
Kayak man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 06:58 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak man View Post
I am guessing not. Pretty hard to miss
I think he was asking you if you did a PDI/walk-through with the dealer, before accepting the RV.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 06:28 AM   #7
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. If you would have made the PDI this all would have been found and fixed before you accepted camper. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 07:38 AM   #8

A Pre Delivery Inspection...... does not negate things being fixed under warranty after you leave the dealer's lot.

I found Forest River did a good job of getting my microwave replaced. A bit annoying that a brand new microwave didn't work but it wasn't the end of the world either

The mobile rep guy who was paid for by Forest River was extremely polite and professional and not only fixed the issue he checked other "known faults" like the a/c diverter strip was in place. He also went round the unit and added some extra screws in some trim and shower

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your fix to the braided line may just simply be to loose it and rotate it to remove the kink.
Old 08-30-2022, 08:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak man View Post
My 2023 270FKS Salem Hemisphere arrived. I was very excited... until I wasn't. After hooking her up and going through my "Post PDI" I found some drips at sink traps (easy fix) and the kitchen sink only dribbling cold water and no hot. After some diagnosis I found the braided, stanless lines were kinked at the base of the faucet. I will be a full timer, and was hoping to move in, but I won't until it is repaired. Not trusting the lines, and want them replaced. That is an unknown at this time.

I am guessing the manufacturer and dealer do not hook up water and do function tests. If they did, this would've been caught. I paid for delivery, 400 miles worth and now hope the local dealer that wanted 25K more won't hold a grudge. Maybe the warranty process will be quick. Anyone here submit claims? If so, how long did it take?

I shouldn't be surprised, if it can possibly go wrong, it can when humans are involved. I'll keep you posted on The progress.
Not sure i see an issue kinked braided water lines that easily come unkinked is not much of an issues and i doubt it effected the integrity of the lines . but if they have to be replaced it's eaiser to just go buy a pair and get it done maybe they will reimburse you for the cost of the lines . I've done way more and got 0 compensation fixing things myself . but it's done right and part of the low quality control now days .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty