Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2021, 10:37 AM   #1

Looking to Buy My First One

Glad I found this group. I have my eye on the Forest River Rockwood A213HWOR or the A213HW. We are not the type that needs a toilet, but having trouble finding much in WI. Seems Camping World in IL seems to be the closest with any inventory or any on order. Any advise in apprediated. I have searched to my wits end. Thanks
Murph60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:07 PM   #2

Not familiar with those two but we bought from CW and had no issues. Just make sure wherever you buy you do a very detailed what they call a PDI I believe. I call it plain and simply an inspection of all things. Do not for get the roof also. When I say roof....I mean get on top and inspect it for any membrane tears or issues.

If you don’t know what to look for when inspecting, I believe the PDI has a checklist for you. Don’t be afraid to demand things fixed prior to riding off or you may have a harder time getting it done in a timely manner.

Good luck.

Tow vehicle: 2020 Ford F-250 4WD Super Duty 7.3 XLT FX4 Crew

TT: 2021 Grey Wolf 26 DBH
Germanrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:30 PM   #3

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanrazor View Post
Not familiar with those two but we bought from CW and had no issues. Just make sure wherever you buy you do a very detailed what they call a PDI I believe. I call it plain and simply an inspection of all things. Do not for get the roof also. When I say roof....I mean get on top and inspect it for any membrane tears or issues.

If you don’t know what to look for when inspecting, I believe the PDI has a checklist for you. Don’t be afraid to demand things fixed prior to riding off or you may have a harder time getting it done in a timely manner.

Good luck.

Do the PDI and require repairs and corrections BEFORE signing any acceptance documents and providing payment. Unlike autos, expect something will need to be fixed. Be very aware of your financing. I've heard stories of CW providing financing for 20 years! Do that and you will be upside down for a LONG time. Make sure you have enough tow vehicle for the trailer - many auto and RV salespeople will let you drive away with a substandard setup.
When you do the PDI, have someone video it. You will get a lot of information and it is easy to miss or forget some of it.

There are documents to support the PDI in the library on this site.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph60 View Post
.... having trouble finding much in WI. Seems Camping World in IL seems to be the closest with any inventory or any on order. Any advise in apprediated. I have searched to my wits end. Thanks
You are not the only one having trouble finding the rv that you want. Sales nationwide are through the roof and finding one on the lot that you want can be harder than finding a needle in a haystack.

You can order one and find out what the waiting time will be for your build. People on this site have reported much longer waiting times than normal. I did a search online at www.rvtrader.com and couldn't find new one in a nationwide search.

I understand your frustration and it seems that factories are building them as fast as they can, but just can't keep up. The next challenge will be finding a place to camp.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:15 PM   #5

Thanks All. Great info on the PDI and I will be sure to search for it. I have a Toyota Tundra so should not have any issues there.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:53 PM   #6

Looking to Buy My First One

I dont know all the brands carried here. Collier RV is about 15 minutes South of Camping World. That is where we just bought our Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK at.
2021 Cherokee Greywolf 23MK
Equalizer 1,000lb WDH
Guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:31 AM   #7
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. You can go the the dealers sub thread and read all the bad reviews about camping world. good luck on your search. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Welcome to the forum. You can go the the dealers sub thread and read all the bad reviews about camping world. good luck on your search. Later RJD
I saw some bad reviews in that thread in other areas, but there was one recent post raving about the one in IL and he didn't even buy from them. Google reviews has them at 4.5 with over 500 reviews and very positive comments overall.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:05 AM   #9

Just an FYI. If you can't find a Rockwood look for a Flagstaff T21TBHW or T21TBHWOR. Rockwood & Flagstaff are twin sisters made on the same line. Same floor plans, specs, features, etc. Differences would be exterior graphics and interior colors. Per Forest River policies dealers can't sell both. When we were looking for a certain Rockwood model last year we couldn't find one locally but found the Flagstaff twin sister in stock locally. Links to both so you can compare.

Rockwood: https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/campi...pop-up-campers

Flagstaff: https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/campi...pop-up-campers

Good luck with your search.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:59 PM   #10

Welcome from Baja Arizona! Hope you find the perfect trailer for you soon!

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Hoomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:10 PM   #11
TheDogHouse

do not use the service department at that il store. My coach spent 7.5 months there for what should have been 2 weeks. I won't bore you, I wouldn't take my biggest enemy's rig there... wait, that's exactly where I'd take it.
Aing099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:04 PM   #12

welcome from Oklahoma!
Tinytim35 is offline   Reply With Quote