Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #1

Love some advice on our new Roo...

Love our new 21SSL Roo but cant believe that FR doesn't have better quality assurance before the send these new units out. We found several problems at the dealership which they quickly fixed prior to our actual pickup.

Several days later, we noticed that the couch material had two holes in it. Perfect holes, almost as made with a hole punch. One of the latches on the bed door broke the first time we used it. After careful inspection we noticed, "get this" almost every cabinet in the camper is cracked due to overtightening the screws when installing the hinge hardware.

The dealership appears to be standing behind us and is ordering new cabinets and couch material, etc. I understand that they are "planning" on fixing all these issues BUT what will I have then? A reconditioned camper. Seems wrong that I spent all this money for a new camper and thats not what I'm getting.

What do you think? Would love to hear some thoughts on this.

Thank you so much and have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
leayellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #2

We picked up our new Roo a couple weeks ago and haven't had any of the trouble you have had. It was also really clean too. Hopefully it was just a fluke, maybe someone new was putting the cabinets in. I'm glad to hear your dealer is going to fix the problems.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #3

Totally not bashing you leayellow, but these things happen. Campers are built in a day practically. If you've ever builta new home, of any price range, you know there will be imperfections. Many of us get upset and seem surprised that there are flaws, some big sime little, with our campers. I have worked on $1,000,000 homes, that have warranty work. I have worked on modular homes with warranty work. I think the key to all of our enjoyment is working it out, and getting out there enjoying the outdoors and our families.

In regards to your roo, let the dealership come through for you, and be thankful.
That's my rant for today...
Happy Camping!!!
Joel
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by leayellow View Post
Love our new 21SSL Roo but cant believe that FR doesn't have better quality assurance before the send these new units out. We found several problems at the dealership which they quickly fixed prior to our actual pickup.

Several days later, we noticed that the couch material had two holes in it. Perfect holes, almost as made with a hole punch. One of the latches on the bed door broke the first time we used it. After careful inspection we noticed, "get this" almost every cabinet in the camper is cracked due to overtightening the screws when installing the hinge hardware.

The dealership appears to be standing behind us and is ordering new cabinets and couch material, etc. I understand that they are "planning" on fixing all these issues BUT what will I have then? A reconditioned camper. Seems wrong that I spent all this money for a new camper and thats not what I'm getting.

What do you think? Would love to hear some thoughts on this.

Thank you so much and have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Congrats on your new Roo!

I do understand how this can be a bit disappointing. It shouldn't happen but it's not uncommon to find items that needs to be taken care of. Most of this is due to the short period of time it takes to build the RVs. I started thinking of it as wedding dress being altered for the perfect fit.

In time your memories will be replaced with many images of happy camping.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #5

We had a hole in our couch and the dealership caught it before we saw it and had a new one on the way. We also had issues with the front bunk leaking. They stood behind it but it was a huge pain with the leaking because almost every camping trip we had to unload part of our stuff and take it back to the dealership and then go back and get it. This happened over and over until FR had it picked up and taken back to the plant and repaired. We spent a lot of the first year without our camper and a lot of gas and time running it back and forth. All I can say is we have it now and it is fixed and we love it and are enjoying it. I am sitting at the dinnete in the cg as I type this. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2010 Ford F150 super cab 4 X 4
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote