Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #1

Low point drains

We recently purchased a 2009 Lexington 300SS GTS. The owner's manual is telling us that low point drains are located in the waterlines and there are two valves at each location. We have searched everywhere but cannot locate these valves. Does anyone have any suggestions on where these values are located.
Gorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #2

On yours no but they are usually located near the hot water tank, look in all areas beneath that. Under the belly or if you have a compartment under the hot water. There is also one near the fresh water tank on my trailer its inside of trailer. If you go to the top of the page there is a search area and if you type the model of your trailer in plus low point drains you might find a thread that someone already posted about your model explaining where yours are . Hope this helps.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:53 AM   #3

First, Congrats on your new to you camper and welcome to the forum from Dawsonville, GA.

Sometimes there are valves on the low point drains, sometimes only caps. Also, don't forget if you are winterizing, also open the drain on the fresh water tank and drain your hot water heater.
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #4

On our trailer they are located near the rear of the trailer as shown they only stick down a few inches & are colored Blue for the cold line & red for the hot water line. Remove the caps - always good to have the faucets opened so they drain better.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #5

Also... don't rely on these "low point" drains to completely drain your water system. Many use a blow out method and many pump in the pink antifreeze. Be sure to get all the water out of your pump. Many units have a filter hidden in them. make sure to find that if it has one, and as said before, drain the water heater. My outdoor shower froze and broke... so be sure that gets completely drained, too... Enjoy!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
ARLO

I always use rv antifreeze when I winterize and make sure it goes thru the whole system. Here in North Chili, NY it's only Oct. 5th and it is already in the 30's last night. We can get a good freeze from October to April.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:00 AM   #7

Empty Pockets: How do I remove the caps? When I turned the unit, it only spun in the PEX pipe. Putting a crescent wrench on the base of the cap where it goes to the PEX didn't allow me to do any better because the cap wouldn't turn.
Does the cap flip off in some manner?
Thanks, Dale
dkrohse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrohse View Post
Empty Pockets: How do I remove the caps? When I turned the unit, it only spun in the PEX pipe. Putting a crescent wrench on the base of the cap where it goes to the PEX didn't allow me to do any better because the cap wouldn't turn.
Thanks, Dale
One of mine (the red one) was a bear to loosen, as well. I had to use two pliers to get it off...one to hold the plastic fixture and one to turn the cap.
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:14 AM   #9

Thanks Rick.
I am naturally inclined to always go for a channel lock or other stronger tool, but this time the little voice overcame it.
I'll get it and pad it a bit.
Was worried about crushing the plastic.
Dale
dkrohse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
On my Lexington 300, the low point drains are located in same area as the black tank valve.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #11
Cyber Phrenologist

On my 5th wheel they do not have valves, just caps. Planning on adding valves as a mod someday.

Mine are in an odd place. They are under the bathroom, on the CURB side, near the entrance door. Nowhere near water pump or water heater. Gave up looking for them and later found them by accident.

They look like the picture posted above. Keep looking, you'll find them sooner or later.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrohse View Post
Thanks, Dale
Sorry you are having trouble - unless you see a knob or lever to turn I would think they screw off. Like you I would use channel locks to hold the area that is turning.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain