Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2018, 03:29 PM   #1
Mr.

Mr RHR53 says hello

Howdy everyone,
A RV trip from hell drove us from RVing a few years back (aside from no slideout, or ac or water and alarms that would not shut up) it was a perfect trip to Virginia Beach.
Our 2015 Solero has been winterized and mothballed with a dead battery for a while .
But we are determined to use our virtually never driven (except to church ) unit.
Any precautions we should take trying to start Old. Bessie up? Aside from spiders and wasps nests.
I would appreciate any thoughts .
RH
RHR53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:49 AM   #2

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. The first thing I would do is pull (out of the RV) the chassis battery and coach battery and charge them and the load test if good I would reinstall. While that was going on I would fill the potable water system and sanitize with bleach or other sanitizer for 24 hr. Using a air compressor I would blow out the water heater and frig outside area. Lastly I would start the engine and allow it to warm up slowly I would also shift thru the gears during this time to circulate tranny fluid. Good luck.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. The first thing I would do is pull (out of the RV) the chassis battery and coach battery and charge them and the load test if good I would reinstall. While that was going on I would fill the potable water system and sanitize with bleach or other sanitizer for 24 hr. Using a air compressor I would blow out the water heater and frig outside area. Lastly I would start the engine and allow it to warm up slowly I would also shift thru the gears during this time to circulate tranny fluid. Good luck.

Thanks ... Sea Dog... we have gone from a pop up to a travel trailer to a class A to a class C to our Solera ... but have never let anything sit this long ... too many cruises and trips to Europe make RVing hard work lol .... Cheers!
Old 02-25-2018, 04:58 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

In addition to the above advice, you might want to take a close look at your tires and possibly replace them after sitting that long.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:59 PM   #5
Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
In addition to the above advice, you might want to take a close look at your tires and possibly replace them after sitting that long.

Thanks .... that is sound advise....
Old 02-25-2018, 05:16 PM   #6

Only thing I would add would be to pull all your fuses for the coach and mark which is for which, turn off all the breakers, THEN install the batteries, put the fuses back in one at a time, if all good. Plug into shore power and turn breakers on one at a time.
Save you some troubleshooting in case you had mice make a meal of some of your wiring.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #7
Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb5900 View Post
Only thing I would add would be to pull all your fuses for the coach and mark which is for which, turn off all the breakers, THEN install the batteries, put the fuses back in one at a time, if all good. Plug into shore power and turn breakers on one at a time.
Save you some troubleshooting in case you had mice make a meal of some of your wiring.

Lovely...thanks...we have a lot of critters down here in Virginia for sure.