Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #1

New Camper Owner

Ok so my wife wanted to start camping a little bit. My in laws purchased a 2006 Forest River Travel trailer which was a FEMA that had never been used. I am very happy with our trailer, but also very dumb with it. It came with no books so I am having to figure everything out. I hooked up water supply today and have water in bathroom sink but that is it. I checked lines and they are turned on. Then I go outside if camper and I have water flowing out of a hose (not septic). I see two caps in camper, am I suppose to plug the holes? How do I get water throughout? Also, i assume since it is FEMA there is no waste holding tank. Am i correct? Please be easy on the new guy here. Haha. We are headed out for our first adventure this weekend so I wanted to have my duck in a row. Thanks for any and all advice!
dt4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #2

Yes plug the fresh water holes,may be where water heater goes. Also take a 2 1/2 or 5 Gal bucket to place under the Toilet,on the ground,since there is no Blace tank to catch the ??. Fema trailers are NOT campers,most of the time. Call a Friend who is knowledgeable about RVs before your trip. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #3

Thanks for help. This camper does have a hot water heater installed, so that is not where it goes. Also, as far as black goes. I was told that I could use a portable tank in emergencies ( by an RV owner). Again I assume that is the case. We plan on using portable tank for grey water and emergency black. Our trailer seems to be different than most FEMA. Few more options added I guess. Oh well it will work great for some weekenders to the lake!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #4

When we bought our new trailer and took it out the first time, the water worked for the toilet and shower, but only dripped out of the bathroom & kitchen sink. After unscrewing the nut at the end of the spigot to see if the screen was dirty, I found a plug in there and three extra screens. Turns out the plug was put in there when the camper was winterized. This may be you problem.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...55-albums.html
NiteNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #5

Thanks for the advice. The camper has been sitting awhile so there is a tremendous amount of bugs and trash in lines. We cleaning them best we can. So excited that my no good for nothing FEMA trailer now has 2 holding tanks that work awesome! Looking forward to our first trip this weekend.