Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #1

New Columbus Owner

Hi from El Paso, TX

Not quite an owner yet, we are going to pick up our 295RL Saturday. I'm bringing my 2010 Jayco 22FB TT in tonight as my trade and having a FW hitch installed.

Any advise for my PDI?
Tim295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

welcome to the forum !
congrats on the pending pick up of your 295 1

take your time on pdi and dont let them rush you !
make sure you make them show you how each item works !
make sure everything works !

good luck and have fun !

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Trailer Trash

Spend a night or two close to the dealer and have a shakedown camping trip. This lets you try out all the features of your new Columbus over a much longer period of time than a typical 2-3 hour pdi. Things will go wrong and you will find minor items needing repair. Hopefully nothing major needs repair. Doing this close to selling dealer lets you go back and take care of warranty items before you travel too far away.

Enjoy your new Columbus. We all do!
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #4

Congrats on your new Columbus 295RL. Make sure you bring a checklist with you to the PDI. Do a search and you'll find plenty that you can customize to fit your needs.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #5

Thanks for the welcomes and replies!

I got a lot of PDI checklists (even an iphone app) and been customizing.

Of course I would annotate any issues found, but are any of them grounds for re-negotiating the sale price? (I haven't signed the dotted line yet)

For instance there are scratches or defects found that I'm willing to live with and don't really justify the effort to fix. Even minor issues took a long time to fix because of the wait to get the parts on my Jayco.
Tim295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #6

We've picked up our 2014 Columbus 320RS and are looking forward to many lengthy trips. Our goal is to tour the US and see as many National Parks as we can. Along the way, we're excited to see other wonders that make this land so awesome. The best part will be all the new friends we will make along the way. Happy camping to everyone out there!
fasttruck is offline   Reply With Quote