Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2022, 04:21 PM   #1

New FL Owner Geo Pro 16bh

Hi all. We bought a Geo Pro g16bh yesterday and LOVE it so far. We thought the dealership did a nice job of explaining the features and checking everything however when we got home we found out that the Insignia 1.6cu 12v fridge didn’t work (Model: NS-CF12V17BK1). I checked the fuses and breakers in the breaker box and can’t find any tripped and everything else works. The installer said he didn’t check it when I text him later in the evening. He showed it but I didn’t check if it was cold.

Any ideas? It is mounted to the rear storage area for access to the outdoor kitchen. I can see the back from the rear storage area and it is hardwired. Is there a thermal fuse for etc (manual doesn’t show one).

Finally, the WeRV/Lippert app does t seem to find the RV even though it scans and then when submitted it says it can’t be found. There is no Bluetooth showing except the GoPower and The irv36 which both work fine. The ID starts with LCIRemote which I understand is Bluetooth but again, it doesn’t show up (the manual controls work fine).

Thanks in advance and I’m looking forward to contributing to the community.

I did a lot of searching and could find answers so my apologies if this is listed somewhere.
Oneilc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:55 PM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. One reason to do a good PDI at the dealer to make sure everything works before you leave, sorry to hear iof your issues. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 08:14 PM   #3

Is the fridge a 120v ac one? 1.6cu ft is small.
Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 01:29 PM   #4

12v Insignia. The outside fridge. The dealer said this morning there are known issues with that model and the factory is replacing these with a new brand.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:18 PM   #5
Open Space Wanted

Welcome and hope you enjoy your new RV. I have the same one in the 2021 flavor. I didn't see any fuses when I removed mine. I would trace the wiring from the rear, right bottom which was where mine came from. I'd disconnect and reconnect to make sure there's a solid connection and verify no loose wiring in the connectors. My unit was on and couldn't figure out what was killing my battery after shutting things down internally until I realized the outside fridge was on high. Did you trying cycling the knob to high, off and back on to see if it engages?

Can't help you with the Bluetooth connections for control since I haven't tried using and didn't have interest. I used the radio's BT with my phone but had intermittent playback issues at times and having it in my pocket while playing at the griddle loses connection easily.

Here are some pics I had and have more stuff in there now to include a 5 gal. bucket and other junk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	269423   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	269424  
RedRoverComeOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:24 PM   #6

Thank you very much. I’ll give it a try although it looked tight.

I appreciate you responding.
Old 03-01-2022, 09:19 AM   #7
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoverComeOver View Post
Welcome and hope you enjoy your new RV. I have the same one in the 2021 flavor. I didn't see any fuses when I removed mine. I would trace the wiring from the rear, right bottom which was where mine came from. I'd disconnect and reconnect to make sure there's a solid connection and verify no loose wiring in the connectors. My unit was on and couldn't figure out what was killing my battery after shutting things down internally until I realized the outside fridge was on high. Did you trying cycling the knob to high, off and back on to see if it engages?

Can't help you with the Bluetooth connections for control since I haven't tried using and didn't have interest. I used the radio's BT with my phone but had intermittent playback issues at times and having it in my pocket while playing at the griddle loses connection easily.

Here are some pics I had and have more stuff in there now to include a 5 gal. bucket and other junk.
I have the same fan, that thing is FANtastic! And you can run it without running inverter all night.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 06:17 PM   #8
Open Space Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I have the same fan, that thing is FANtastic! And you can run it without running inverter all night.
I know you have the Rigid fan that runs off batteries or AC...that's where I got the idea for that one.
Do you have the Fantastic Endless Breeze too which runs off DC? It's the white one in the back.
RedRoverComeOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:01 PM   #9
Trailer Park Supervisor

Yeah, I have that fan in the bathroom. It helps a bit, but no substitute for a fan blowing a gentle breeze on you when you're trying to sleep. People say the exhaust fan makes a great breeze when you open the windows, but I don't notice it much, even on higher speeds.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 11:15 PM   #10

We bought ours a month before you. The outside fridge is not 12V, it only runs when unit is on shore power .

QUOTE=Oneilc01;2701840]Hi all. We bought a Geo Pro g16bh yesterday and LOVE it so far. We thought the dealership did a nice job of explaining the features and checking everything however when we got home we found out that the Insignia 1.6cu 12v fridge didn’t work (Model: NS-CF12V17BK1). I checked the fuses and breakers in the breaker box and can’t find any tripped and everything else works. The installer said he didn’t check it when I text him later in the evening. He showed it but I didn’t check if it was cold.

Any ideas? It is mounted to the rear storage area for access to the outdoor kitchen. I can see the back from the rear storage area and it is hardwired. Is there a thermal fuse for etc (manual doesn’t show one).

Finally, the WeRV/Lippert app does t seem to find the RV even though it scans and then when submitted it says it can’t be found. There is no Bluetooth showing except the GoPower and The irv36 which both work fine. The ID starts with LCIRemote which I understand is Bluetooth but again, it doesn’t show up (the manual controls work fine).

I did a lot of searching and could find answers so my apologies if this is listed somewhere.[/QUOTE]
Smholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 12:20 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smholmes View Post
We bought ours a month before you. The outside fridge is not 12V, it only runs when unit is on shore power .

QUOTE=Oneilc01;2701840]Hi all. We bought a Geo Pro g16bh yesterday and LOVE it so far. We thought the dealership did a nice job of explaining the features and checking everything however when we got home we found out that the Insignia 1.6cu 12v fridge didn’t work (Model: NS-CF12V17BK1). I checked the fuses and breakers in the breaker box and can’t find any tripped and everything else works. The installer said he didn’t check it when I text him later in the evening. He showed it but I didn’t check if it was cold.

I did a lot of searching and could find answers so my apologies if this is listed somewhere.
[/QUOTE]The OP hasn't posted here since this thread they started, back in February.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
geo pro