Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #1

new flagstaff 23lb

hello, we just ordered a flagstaff 23lb with murphy bed option, and double bunks with extra storage. should be coming in around the 1st week of may.. we are new to the whole camping thing, have talked about if for a few years but this year we decided to do it ( when gas prices are the highest go figure..lol) we are so excited! i dont know who is more happy, us, or our two kids, ages 9 and 11. as soon as we get our vin number we are going to start making some reservations. just wanted to say hello, and thank you everyone for all your great info on here, i feel like im addicted to this website already. does anyone have the murphy bed option? i have not heard too many people with it, just wondering what anyone's thoughts were on it. thank you again!, Chris , and Ami + kids
momtovn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

to the forum !!!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

A big ditto to what Chap said. Take a look around as there are many threads with answers to just about anything you can think of and if you can't find an answer just ask as there are many knowledgeable people on here.
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
to the forum !!!
X2!
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #5

Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. you'll enjoy the murphy bed option. it adds a lot of room to an already great floor plan. it's nice to have the flexibility -- couch or bed. I saw one at the Denver rv show and the factory rep demonstrated the use of the bed... it looks like a great option.

look forward to seeing photos of your camper in use!

your kids will really enjoy it this summer!

Darren

first camp-out of the season in 8 days! tick... tock...
teamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #6

I am waiting for the Rockwood Mini Lite ETC 185, which also has double bunks and the murphy bed option. I liked the idea of being able to use the bed, but then put it away for the day and have that extra space to use in the trailer.
greti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #7

i know! I dont know why that has not been popular, i think it's a great idea to have more room with the bed being hidden away. we were looking at the rockwood, but the dealer that sold the flagstaff was more helpful. they are basically the same anyway. when does yours come in?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #8

mine was ordered mid February, and I"m waiting to hear on when it will be ready. (I just posted a thread on that!) I was told 7-8 weeks. Is the Flagstaff you got the same version of the Rockwood ETC? (ultra light?)
greti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:39 AM   #9

no, we looked at that one, but we wanted something just a little bit bigger...and also we wanted a sofa, this one had everything we need... it is the flagstaff version of the rockwood 2306. we got the cherry wood with the leaf material on the furniture. this is going to be the longest wait, i think... LOL!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #10

Didn't Tom Petty sing "waiting is the hardest part" lol, but anyway, we are in the same boat momtovn. We ordered our 23lb on Feb 15 and our dealer is expecting it by the end of next week which will be right at 6.5 weeks. We opted to not get the Murphy bed due to storage and our two dogs will hang on the bed when we are out Keep us updated on when you get it and how you like it, I will do the same.
Endersbrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #11

ok, its a deal... have you heard anything from the dealer, like a VIN number or anything? im afraid to make any reservations until i get that, or at least maybe something about the financing.... what did you pick for wood and material?? they suggested the oak, since the camper is smaller in size, but we just love the way the cherry looks!
gear ratio
Old 03-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #12

No info like that yet, but with our first trip not til June, we figured we had enough time. We went with the Cherry also with the Leaf pattern. We thought we were going to get the Sedona until we went to the dealer and they had the leaf and we liked the way the dinette material looked and felt

Right now we go to Walmart and look at the clearance items and are starting to slowly pick up some items...sooo much fun, can't wait to get it
Old 03-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #13

wow, you sound just like us... walmart clearance... LOL. we also were planning on the sedona, but i figured it would be too dark with the cherry wood.

so you already booked your first trip?? I guess maybe we should start doing that, i am just afraid until we get some info... but i also dont want to wait until there are no reservations left. the dealer told us we should have some info after 2- 3 weeks, and it will 4 weeks next week, so maybe we will give them a call by the end of the week. thanks for the update, im so excited for all of us!!
gear ratio
Old 03-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #14

We have 2 out of state weddings to go to. We are sticking to KOA campgrounds at first because we have zero experience at this. Going to Wilmingon NC and Grove City PA with the boys (11 and 7) and 2 dogs (beagle and dachsund), should be interesting.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #15

haha, we have zero experience also,---we have been looking at a couple of the koa sites also, I found a good website that rates all the campsites in western ma, and a couple of the KOA's around here got some not too good reviews, so im still unsure of where to go. i like one in Plymouth,a dn that is a beautiful area, but its still so cold out, i would like to find somewhere that has bike trails, since we love to do that! my kids, ages 11 & 9, are so excited too, but i think i may be more, they laugh at me every time i go on this forum... and we have only fish for pets, so they can stay home! LOL. so glad i met someone as happy and as inexperienced as me! lol!!
gear ratio
Old 03-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #16
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtovn View Post
wow, you sound just like us... walmart clearance... LOL. we also were planning on the sedona, but i figured it would be too dark with the cherry wood.

so you already booked your first trip?? I guess maybe we should start doing that, i am just afraid until we get some info... but i also dont want to wait until there are no reservations left. the dealer told us we should have some info after 2- 3 weeks, and it will 4 weeks next week, so maybe we will give them a call by the end of the week. thanks for the update, im so excited for all of us!!
Hi!!!
I ordered the 2306 which is pretty much the same trailer as yours!!! I also ordered almost 4 weeks ago. I called my dealer last week and he was supposed to get back to me with a VIN. I guess that means I have to call him back this week and remind him to do it LOL.
I got the oak (I usually hate oak LOL) but it looked good in this trailer xD!
I pre booked a site for May 20 long weekend and a tentative pick-up date of May 14. I know a pretty tight schedule but, I like to think positive and believe it will be here in time so, go ahead and book some trips; what do you have to lose?

Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #17

i have to lose...."money".. LOL, yeah, i know, i have been looking some up. yay for you!! please let me know how it turns out and any new info you get on it!!
gear ratio
Old 03-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #18
(Kim)

Yes, I will lose a bit of money (like 10 bucks) if I cancel. But I like booking at Ontario Provincial Parks and they pre-book only 5 months in advance, so if you don't book fast, all the good sites are gone
It's cool though because you can pick a campground then input your details and it shows you what sites are available and even has pictures of each campground!!!
I LMAO at your comment about your family bugging you about being on the computer looking at trailer stuff.
I always get bugged about it also!!!! (it's either trailers or Plants and Zombies) xD
They will be happy when they see how much I've learned and also the amazing sites I picked!!!!!

DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #19

yeah, i just tried booking a KOA and there nothing available... bummer, i could go into the 1st weekend of june, they have availability then... for now.... lol. too bad canada is so far away!!! we could always end up camping together at hampton beach.. always a ton of canadians there! and not too far for us!
gear ratio
Old 03-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #20

I am in Florida and picked out some state parks with campsites I would like to visit and seems like you have to make atleast 2 months advanced reservations. I did find one that was close enough and only had one site available - not sure why it was avaialble cause it was a nice site IMO.
Here is the thread I made from the trip

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-fl-11616.html

I went yesterday for my first "Real" camping trip with my daughter.

I hope everythig works out with the financing - I know it can be tough waiting as well cause I had to wait 8 weeks to deliver mine - the best part about ordering is that you know the options you are getting and dont have to settle for someone else's options
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23lb