Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2020, 04:52 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 5
New Flagstaff Owner in the UK

Hi all,
I've just registered on here for the first time since buying my 2004 Flagstaff 176ED last summer.

I live in Derbyshire, England and this is my very first trailer.
As far as I can tell, it was imported from the US when new and has been adapted to use the 240v electrics over here.

We've taken it on a few weekend trips so far and slowly getting the hang of it, as well as working out a few small niggles.

After a little bit of work I've got the water and furnace working again, so now everything works perfectly.

I'm very excited for our next camping season and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to ask on here.
I look forward to speaking with you all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191004_123143.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	697.2 KB
ID:	221276   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191005_075628 (1).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	857.7 KB
ID:	221277  
Brynjaminjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:47 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Keystoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynjaminjones View Post
Hi all,
I've just registered on here for the first time since buying my 2004 Flagstaff 176ED last summer.

I live in Derbyshire, England and this is my very first trailer.
As far as I can tell, it was imported from the US when new and has been adapted to use the 240v electrics over here.

We've taken it on a few weekend trips so far and slowly getting the hang of it, as well as working out a few small niggles.

After a little bit of work I've got the water and furnace working again, so now everything works perfectly.

I'm very excited for our next camping season and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to ask on here.
I look forward to speaking with you all!
Congrats on your pop-up, but I'm more impressed with that Wagoneer!
Keystoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:08 AM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 21,098
Welcome to the forum from Georgia. Enjoy and Later RJD
__________________
2020 Shasta Phoenix SPF 27RKSS
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-24 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:26 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
geeman53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 4,655
Welcome from SW Ohio ,enjoy your popup !
__________________
2016 sunseeker 2250slec
1988 Jayco p.u.,Coleman Plantation p.u.,1989 Jayco class c, Coachman TT,1995 Little Eddie fthwheel,2007 Heartland Sundance 2500 lS fthwheel
geeman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:41 AM   #5
Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Western PA
Posts: 667
Hello and welcome from western PA!
__________________
Cut it 3 times and it's still too short...

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:01 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Posts: 9,229
Welcome to the forum from Southern New Jersey.
__________________
2012 SunSeeker 3100SS Toad-1962 Futura Average 100 + days camping
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #7
Multi-Slacker
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,274
Welcome from SoCal! Wow! Hope you post a lot of pictures of your travels.
__________________
Safe Travels
CurtPutnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:15 PM   #8
Broken Toe
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 3,726
Do you find it troublesome that the door to the camper is on the 'wrong' side for you guys. I mean, here in the states, if your door was on other side, you would probably step out if it into the sewer pipe, electric box, or your neighbors picnic table.

Tim
__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 04:18 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 5
Thank you everybody!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystoner View Post
Congrats on your pop-up, but I'm more impressed with that Wagoneer!
Thanks! The Wagoneer is a bit of a work in progress, but towed the trailer happily.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Do you find it troublesome that the door to the camper is on the 'wrong' side for you guys. I mean, here in the states, if your door was on other side, you would probably step out if it into the sewer pipe, electric box, or your neighbors picnic table.

Tim
I've not had any problems with it so far. All the sites we've used previously have been strange layouts, or pretty far from neighbors.
If it's ever a problem we will just turn it 180 degrees by hand; the trailer is light enough that pushing it is easy with two of us.
Brynjaminjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:22 AM   #10
Site Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 9,754
Welcome from the southern U.S.

I'm a fan of Traveling K in New Zealand and I've seen her turn her caravan around on campsites, and with that unit it shouldn't be a gotcha at all.
__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a GMC Sierra 2500HD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
flagstaff

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.