Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2020, 10:39 PM   #1

New from Alberta, Canada

Just wanted to say hi. My name is Dean and I'm ew to the forum. I have had a Travel Trailer for 3 yrs now and have my share of dissapointments but are far outweighed by the pleasure of seeing different places and meeting new friends from all over North America.
Right now my wife and myself have a 2018 Prime Time LaCrosse 33ft couples Unit. We also have had issues that have been looked at in the first yr of ownership.
Right now I'm having an issue with the Grey tank not draining properly. It glugs and takes sometime to drain. This is the first time with this issue in 3 yrs so I'm still gathering information to see if I can fix it or if I need a dealer to look at it.
Happy Camping
Dean and Barbara
Rover528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:57 PM   #2

What do you put down the sinks? You could have a build up of food or grease. Have you tried grey water treatment or a good dose of dishwashing liquid?
Old 09-03-2020, 06:34 AM   #3
Campaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
What do you put down the sinks? You could have a build up of food or grease. Have you tried grey water treatment or a good dose of dishwashing liquid?
Welcome from Winnipeg Manitoba
You could also try putting toilet chemicals down the sink drain and let it sit for a few days then try draining the tank. Make sure to have the tank least a quarter to half full
Greg.miranda.travels
Fun finders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:39 AM   #4
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum from Georgia. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-52
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:51 AM   #5

Thanks for the quick replies. That's Awsome. We don't put any greasy items or food down the sink and catch waste food in the sink catcher. When I open the Grey water drain it drains slow then glugs sucking air up through the hose then it drain s somemore and does this until empty. I went up on the roof after emptying the tank and looked down with a flashlight. I could see water shimmer at the bottom of the pipe so I ruled out a plugged vent. I'm now thinking debris from when holes were cut in the tank. Has any e had any luck trying to fish debris out of the tank with a coathanger.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:42 PM   #6

Grey Tank Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Do you know a name for a Grey water tank treatment.
Thanks
Dean
Old 09-12-2020, 12:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover528 View Post
Do you know a name for a Grey water tank treatment.
Thanks
Dean
Welcome from Barrie, ON.

From your question you are going to get a ton of responses, so here is mine. I use a product from Thetford, they have a grey/black tank product and I also use their "Drain Valve Lubricant". Each of these products come in a 710ml bottle. You are going to become best friends with your local RV Dealers retail store as you will eventually need/want one of everything. Happy camping.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada