Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #1

New Georgetown 351DS Owner from IL!

Hello - I joined this forum while contemplating and looking for a new RV, specifically a Forest River Georgetown. This forum and its members are a fantastic source of information and are so friendly and willing to help each other out. I look forward to participating in the forums and hopefully returning the value I have received already!!

We are a family of 7! My wife and I and our 5 kids ages 9 - 14 can't wait to live the RV lifestyle. We're a "blended family" with her having 2 kids, me having 3 and we have two Airedale Terriers in the mix just to make life interesting.

We purchased a new 2014 Georgetown 351DS and took delivery on June 21, 2014! We liked this model as we needed the bunk bed floorplan and extra bunk over the cockpit. We included the Winegard in-motion satellite (we use DirecTv), whole-house surge protector and sliding living room TV mount as part of the deal. I can already tell our family will thoroughly enjoy that huge residential fridge! No question this is luxury camping, but I will continue to go backpacking as that is a passion of mine, I’ll just get to the trailhead in style!

I grew up in a family that always had a travel trailer, and have owned a few of my own and have now introduced this to my 'new' family. We are all looking forward to starting this new chapter of our lives together.

I’m looking forward to being an active member of the forums and continuing to “meet” all of you.

Tom
Old 06-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
Camper Less Camping

Welcome, congrats & Happy Camping!

Old 06-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
Mrs. Gatraid

Welcome from Champaign, neighbor!
GATRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the forum from SoCal! Lots of good memories from RVing are to come for your new family. What I like most about the RV experience is that its like the old day before life got busy and people interacted more with neighbors.

Please do keep us updated.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #5

Very nice!! Enjoy many great miles and memories with the family. It's amazing how well of an investment this becomes while the kids are growing up before our eyes.
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #6

Welcome

We are also a family of seven, 4 boys and my little girl. We have had our 351 ds for a little over a year and love it.

Best of luck to you and the family n
TFDET7253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #7

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2014 Georgetown 351DS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #8

Thank you all for the warm welcome! We've put about 500 miles on it and stayed in it two nights, learning where everything is at, how it all works and where it all goes!!

Thanks!

Tom

Tags
georgetown