Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
Rav

new guy from Maine

Hello everyone, we just bought our first travel trailer close to 3 weeks ago. A 2012 Shasta Revere 21tble. We like it and have been out in it twice but not without problems.

The first time out we found a crack in the vent lid in the bathroom and a kitchen drawer that wasn't completely put together. I called the dealer and took it right in, when I arrived at the dealer I found the fresh water tank leaking while unhooking it from the truck. It had a crack on the seam on the bottom of the tank. all I could say was unreal. The dealer fixed/replaced everything which made me happy.

On our second trip out this past weekend was great till Monday morning when a thunder storm came through and the roof started leaking and dripping onto my bed. I couldn't believe it and I was beginning to question our purchase. I must tell you that this is not the first time it has been in rain but it was the first time in the rain all set up and level. This morning I called the dealer and they said to bring it up. I'm not happy about this and I cannot believe the problems we are having already.

I did a search about roof leaks and that is how I found the site. This site is just what I needed and I have already learned a lot in just one day.

I hope to have my camper back soon so we can go out again but I don't have my hopes up cause I want to make sure it is fixed correctly.

Thanks for reading my small book.
Steve
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
Lottery Non-Winner

Welcome to camping. Things should not break every time, but it is common to have many things go wrong the first few times. Gotta get those bugs worked out of the rig, then you'll be having a blast.

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
Brigitte

Hello and welcome! we too just purchased a Shasta Travel trailer. it's the Shasta 21 FBS LE
We haven't taken it out yet, nervous, our first time! We live just north of Kingston Ontario and looking for a nice place to take it to for our first trip. We cannot go until the 3rd week end of September. Where in Maine do you recommend? we have no children other than our 2 dogs and like peace and quiet as well as well kept areas, the nicest and more upscale the better
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boubou View Post
Hello and welcome! we too just purchased a Shasta Travel trailer. it's the Shasta 21 FBS LE
We haven't taken it out yet, nervous, our first time! We live just north of Kingston Ontario and looking for a nice place to take it to for our first trip. We cannot go until the 3rd week end of September. Where in Maine do you recommend? we have no children other than our 2 dogs and like peace and quiet as well as well kept areas, the nicest and more upscale the better
Bar Harbor Woodlands KOA,(more upscale,cant say Better) we stayed there ,never agin,you wanted upscale! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
Brigitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Bar Harbor Woodlands KOA,(more upscale,cant say Better) we stayed there ,never agin,you wanted upscale! Youroo!!
not sure I understand you stayed there and you will not go back? as in not nice?
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
Rav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovair View Post
Welcome to camping. Things should not break every time, but it is common to have many things go wrong the first few times. Gotta get those bugs worked out of the rig, then you'll be having a blast.
I have no problem with having to get the bugs worked out of it but the roof leaking is a bug that I could have done without. Also we have been having a blast so far, luckily the roof leak happened about 2 hours before we planned on packing up to head home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boubou View Post
Sorry to say boubou but I don't think I'm the best person to be asking for recommendations for a place to stay. This is our first camper, we have always tented when we went camping and usually stayed where ever. The two times we have been out we first stayed at Poland Spring campground. It was a nice and quiet place close to home for us. The second trip out we stayed at Duck puddle campground, not as nice as Poland Spring and definitely not as quiet. We did have a good time at both places.

two places that I have been told I should try are Lake Pemaquid campground which i hear is very nice and Powder Horn camping resort. Lake Pemaquid is in the mid-coast area of the state and in a very nice area near the coast. Duck puddle campground is at the other end of the lake so we were actually just in the area over the weekend and we always enjoy driving up in that area. Powder Horn is in Old Orchard beach which is a nice area and I think might be more of what you are looking for in a campground. I'll put Links to both below.

If I could give you a word of advice. You should take Your camper someplace local with full hook-ups and at least give everything a thorough once over to be sure you will not have any problems like what we've been going through. As Ovair said earlier get the bugs worked out of the rig and you'll be having a blast. Also there is no need to be nervous, Just take your time and everything will be fine. Be sure to bring your owners manuals with you in case you need it. We needed ours.

Lake Pemaquid Campground

http://mainecampgrounds.com/
---Powder Horn
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #7

Places in Maine

Hello boubou where in Maine do you want to stay? Go to Bar Harbour the sights and small shops to visit are very nice, you can go whale watching, eat some pretty good seafood too, lots of historic places to visit and weather is still pretty nice this time of year, leaves are starting to change as well. Good luck in your search, use the internet and you will find some very upscale resorts in southern Maine, never stayed there so can't say how good they are.

Dennis
F'ton N.B. Canada
dennis5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote