Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2020, 04:51 PM   #1

New IBEX Owner

Just took delivery of an IBEX 19MBH. Love it but I have a million questions and there doesn't seem to be a strong community (or even a single piece of information on the FR website) about this brand yet. How do we create a IBEX sub-thread for us lonely folks?

I have found great general information in this community, and the NoBo subs are probably very similar but it would be nice to have a dedicated sub.
Troy_ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your IBEX 19MBH.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:45 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_ATX View Post
Just took delivery of an IBEX 19MBH. Love it but I have a million questions and there doesn't seem to be a strong community (or even a single piece of information on the FR website) about this brand yet. How do we create a IBEX sub-thread for us lonely folks?

I have found great general information in this community, and the NoBo subs are probably very similar but it would be nice to have a dedicated sub.
Ibex is a brand new line for East to West. So there are probably only 2 or 3 Ibex owners here. And East to West has only been around for about 3 years and since it's a much smaller division of FR, there are probably only around 25 East to West owners here.
So the East to West sub-forum will be the best place to post.
You can easily start an Ibex Owners thread in the East to West sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:56 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply, i am not familiar with East-West is that a sub-grouping of Forrest River brands like ePro, Nobo etc.?
Troy_ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:48 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_ATX View Post
Thanks for the reply, i am not familiar with East-West is that a sub-grouping of Forrest River brands like ePro, Nobo etc.?
Sorry, my mistake. I was thinking of the new Alta line of the East to West division.
I see that the Ibex is a totally new line for this year and within the Forest River RV division.
So it would take a much larger Ibex membership(than just 2 or 3)to justify a new sub-forum.
It took a while for there being enough NoBo owners to justify their own sub-forum. But that brand really took off a couple of years ago and the number of NoBo members grew substantially.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:01 AM   #6
Georgia Rally Coordinator

welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new IBEX 19MBH and Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:48 AM   #7

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:16 AM   #8
Campaholic

Welcome from Winnipeg, Manitoba
Greg.miranda.travels
Fun finders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:19 AM   #9

Troy ATX, we just bought our 2021 IBEX 19MBH today. We really like it and other family members who came by to see it this evening all want one now. They sure pack a lot of features into this little gem. We are taking our first trip to Texas State Park this week to check it out. Tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford F150 Super Crew cab with Eco Boost.
GrampsInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrampsInTexas View Post
Troy ATX, we just bought our 2021 IBEX 19MBH today. We really like it and other family members who came by to see it this evening all want one now. They sure pack a lot of features into this little gem. We are taking our first trip to Texas State Park this week to check it out. Tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford F150 Super Crew cab with Eco Boost.

I am considering the 19QTH to carry a couple medium sized motorcycles (less than 1000 lbs total). Would love to hear how your F150 does towing the IBEX. I have a 2017 F150 V8 (not ecoboost) with the towing package. Thanks, Bob
trinc4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:03 PM   #11

The 2019 Ford F150 with EcoBoost pulled the IBEX 19MBH perfectly. No concerns at all. You should have no issues. Enjoy and safe travels.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:18 PM   #12

Next week will be our coldest temperatures this year here in the DFW area and will be in the 20's at night. I am planning to winterize the IBEX 19MBH using air to blow out the lines and then drain the low points. I have a question, where is the water pump located on this unit and what is required to protect it from freezing the lines from it? Also, does the water heater have a by-pass valve. I couldn't find one if it has one.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrampsInTexas View Post
The 2019 Ford F150 with EcoBoost pulled the IBEX 19MBH perfectly. No concerns at all. You should have no issues. Enjoy and safe travels.
Awesome, thank you for replying!
trinc4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:47 AM   #14

New IBEX Owner

We bought a 2021 IBEX 19QBS in October 2020. Drove from Central Coast of California to Salt Lake City, Utah to pick it up at dealership there. Our tow vehicle is 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T AWD and had no troubles. We had our first real outing (Cracker Barrel parking lot in St. George, Utah doesn't count) this past week. Spent 3 nights at Lake Cachuma north of Santa Barbara. We had a great time and now have a short list of things to fix that we've discovered. Biggest issue is the door - have to slam to close - and no it wasn't a level issue. We were perfect level front to back and side to side. Anyway - we love the trailer and look forward to our next trip in April to another local camp spot - Ocean Mesa at El Capitan beach. Enjoy the journey!
eisland99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:16 AM   #15
Trailer Park Supervisor

Welcome to the forum! 3 years of Geo Pro/EPro owners, and they still haven't created a subgroup for us (we are one of the 100 different varieties of Rockwood), so don't hold your breath!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:13 AM   #16

New Ibex

Another new Ibex 19BH here.

We just bought our first ever camper this weekend. After a lot of research, we settled on the Ibex/NoBo bunkhouse and my local RV store just happened to have their first ever Ibex coming in, so we pounced on it with a deposit and then bought it after getting to see it in person this weekend.

We're super excited and happy about our new trailer, but have a couple of questions:

1. The outdoor grille on ours doesn't have a rack on the side of the trailer like all the pictures and videos that we saw. On ours, the rack/mounting bar is on the back, making it near the termination instead of under the canopy. The salesman said that it might be a hazard under the canopy. Anyone else have this?

2. After getting in the roof, I realized that our Ibex doesn't have Rhino Rack rails. I don't know if I can or should make a fuss about that. The online information lists rooftop track as a feature, but we bought this trailer and every one seems a little different.

3. Our trailer has a little 2020 sticker on the front windshield, but the door into the trailer has no window, witch I read somewhere was a change for 2021.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Dagoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:03 PM   #17

New IBEX Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoof View Post
Another new Ibex 19BH here.

We just bought our first ever camper this weekend. After a lot of research, we settled on the Ibex/NoBo bunkhouse and my local RV store just happened to have their first ever Ibex coming in, so we pounced on it with a deposit and then bought it after getting to see it in person this weekend.

We're super excited and happy about our new trailer, but have a couple of questions:

1. The outdoor grille on ours doesn't have a rack on the side of the trailer like all the pictures and videos that we saw. On ours, the rack/mounting bar is on the back, making it near the termination instead of under the canopy. The salesman said that it might be a hazard under the canopy. Anyone else have this?

2. After getting in the roof, I realized that our Ibex doesn't have Rhino Rack rails. I don't know if I can or should make a fuss about that. The online information lists rooftop track as a feature, but we bought this trailer and every one seems a little different.

3. Our trailer has a little 2020 sticker on the front windshield, but the door into the trailer has no window, witch I read somewhere was a change for 2021.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Our 2021 Ibex 19 qbs door does not have a window but does have the Rhino rack rails on the roof.

We love the trailer, two small complaints:

1. The jackknife couch is not level when you fold it down (back support cushions are much thicker than than the seat cushions), making it not level when you lay on it. You have to build the one side up with a bed topper to make it level.

2. It was difficult to close/latch the door closed from the inside. We had to pull the inside handle super hard to get it to
Latch/close and (yes we were level).

The trailer is awesome, no issues used everything but the inverter. I posted a detailed review on our new IBEX and towing it in another thread on this forum.

I also inquired about having the IBEX added to the forum sub categories, but nothing so far.
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartin453 View Post
Our 2021 Ibex 19 qbs door does not have a window but does have the Rhino rack rails on the roof.

We love the trailer, two small complaints:

1. The jackknife couch is not level when you fold it down (back support cushions are much thicker than than the seat cushions), making it not level when you lay on it. You have to build the one side up with a bed topper to make it level.

2. It was difficult to close/latch the door closed from the inside. We had to pull the inside handle super hard to get it to
Latch/close and (yes we were level).

The trailer is awesome, no issues used everything but the inverter. I posted a detailed review on our new IBEX and towing it in another thread on this forum.

I also inquired about having the IBEX added to the forum sub categories, but nothing so far.
Regarding the door, we have the same problem. Took it to the nearest Forest River Warranty dealer near us who now happens to carry Ibex campers. For us we were missing the strike plate (I think that's what it is called) on the door frame and the dealer explained that they've had to adjust the solid steps on most of the trailers to get the doors to clear and close right. It is warranty work - so you might want to take it in within first year.
eisland99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:54 AM   #19
Trailer Park Supervisor

The solid steps will prevent the door from closing properly, if not adjusted so that when steps are deployed, the threshold plate is flat down across threshold. Depending on the lay of the land, I may have to take one of the stair leg extenders completely out and put a piece of wood or something beneath it to make the thing level. More of an issue when I have to park somewhere the trailer needs leveling, not on paved and level sites.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:47 PM   #20

I messaged Forest River about the lack of Rhino Rack on my Ibex, and they responded that there are availability problems and so some of them have had to go out without the racks.

I guess that's okay, but I sorta hope that my price was lowered a little because of that fact.

Shurgs.
Dagoof is offline   Reply With Quote