Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2020, 08:39 AM   #1

New in town

Hey everyone!

Just bought my first camper so I wanted to take a minute and talk about it. My camper is a '21 Salem Cruise Lite 282QBXL. I tow with a '16 Silverado 1500 with a BlueOx SwayPro hitch. I purchased the camper at JCRVN in Ohio and towed it the 4.5 hours home. I had my doubts with my half-ton but it actually impressed me with how well it managed everything.
A lot of things I read warned about the white knuckling experiences of being passed out passing vehicles, which i didn't really experience. I could definitely tell when there was a vehicle next to me at the hitch point, but nothing terrifying about it.
Now I do have a couple questions for those experienced on here. I want to mount a TV in the living room area and in the master bedroom. There's a sticker on the wall in the living room advertising TV backing... does that mean anywhere on that section of wall can anchor a TV mount?
In the bedroom, there is a seam where it feels like there is a stud, is that where I would mount the TV mount there like I would in a home? I do intend to get locking TV mounts so there are no issues while traveling.

Thanks for your help.

Jason
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:12 AM   #2

Jason,

Welcome to RV life!
Old 11-24-2020, 09:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
Hey everyone!

Just bought my first camper so I wanted to take a minute and talk about it. My camper is a '21 Salem Cruise Lite 282QBXL. I tow with a '16 Silverado 1500 with a BlueOx SwayPro hitch. I purchased the camper at JCRVN in Ohio and towed it the 4.5 hours home. I had my doubts with my half-ton but it actually impressed me with how well it managed everything.
A lot of things I read warned about the white knuckling experiences of being passed out passing vehicles, which i didn't really experience. I could definitely tell when there was a vehicle next to me at the hitch point, but nothing terrifying about it.
Now I do have a couple questions for those experienced on here. I want to mount a TV in the living room area and in the master bedroom. There's a sticker on the wall in the living room advertising TV backing... does that mean anywhere on that section of wall can anchor a TV mount?
In the bedroom, there is a seam where it feels like there is a stud, is that where I would mount the TV mount there like I would in a home? I do intend to get locking TV mounts so there are no issues while traveling.

Thanks for your help.

Jason
I know you have a Salem TT but here is a quick check you can perform that costs Nothing! Where the sticker is located on your wall use a "Magnet" to scan the area! Rockwood/Flagstaff has a metal plate in the area of the sticker,Maybe yours will as well? Good Luck! Youroo!!
Old 11-24-2020, 09:45 AM   #4

Congratulations on your New camper, Welcome from New Jersey, Magnet is a great idea to locate the plate,Also can try a stud finder. Suggest you make very tiny holes .
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #5

Welcome and congratulations from Central NC
Old 11-24-2020, 06:39 PM   #6
Campaholic

Welcome to the forum from Winnipeg Manitoba
Greg.miranda.travels
Fun finders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:50 PM   #7

Welcome from another Midwester, Iowa. True test will be in strong cross winds. My half ton did fine unless fighting a strong wind.

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #8
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase of a 21 Salem Cruise Lite 282QBXL. I would post your question under the sub heading of Salem tt you will get better response as ther are a lot of knowledgeable folks here to help with your questions. Enjoy and Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:07 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase of a 21 Salem Cruise Lite 282QBXL. I would post your question under the sub heading of Salem tt you will get better response as ther are a lot of knowledgeable folks here to help with your questions. Enjoy and Later RJD
Yes, post your Salem questions in the Salem sub-forum, in the TT/5th Wheel section.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #10

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your 2021 Salem Cruise Lite 282QBXL.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:21 PM   #11
Multi-Slacker

Welcome from Southern California!
Old 11-25-2020, 07:54 AM   #12
Site Team

Welcome to the group. This thread may help on other matters and is aimed at those just starting out like yourself:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ts-157524.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 03:51 PM   #13

Hi Jason,

I recently just purchased the exact same trailer that is due to come off the line Dec 14th.
Like you, have had a ton of questions about the construction and also the TV backer.
I found this this video on youtube to be very helpful and even shows you the backer for the TV. They are using the full size Salems/Wildwoods, but they make reference that the Cruise Lites are built similar.

Look around the 10min mark. It looks like 2x6 squared off. you should be able to find it with a stud finder no problem

Let me know how you like your new designed 282. We won't see ours still January, and then the dealer is going to store until spring time.

Thanks

Phil (also a new member)
Woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote