Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #1

New Member from Myrtle Beach, SC

Just purchased our first Travel Trailer just last week and we really enjoy it. It's got everything we need. We really want to do a lot more camping and get out of the house more. We've even been thinking about living in it for a while to build a house but that's future talk. We got a 2012 Cherokee 254Q w the power bunks which is nice if anyone stays with us.

2012 Cherokee 254Q - Our first Travel Trailer and we love it!
JMERV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #2

Congrads on your new TT. Plus you live in a great area we where at the State Park this summer for a week for the first time and just had a great time, and great restaurants in the area. I took a charter boat out to the gulf steam and caught 63 red snappers for my freezer. Hope you can make it up to Buggs Island lake here in Clarksville one day. If you come this way stay at the Corp camp grounds we have about 6 camping areas on the water and it's only $20.00 dollars per night with electric and water. If you are ever in the area or have a question on the CG and best time to be here please feel free to PM me....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum!

I would hate to live in Myrtle Beach because it would take away one of my favorites to get away to and go camping
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #4

We are living full time in our MH at Myrtle Beach right now, could be a little warmer but it's better then PA right now. Great place if you want to shop everyday. A few more weeks here and off to Florida for three months, can't wait. You will love camping, welcome to the forum.
XL 378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Congrads on your new TT. Plus you live in a great area we where at the State Park this summer for a week for the first time and just had a great time, and great restaurants in the area. I took a charter boat out to the gulf steam and caught 63 red snappers for my freezer. Hope you can make it up to Buggs Island lake here in Clarksville one day. If you come this way stay at the Corp camp grounds we have about 6 camping areas on the water and it's only $20.00 dollars per night with electric and water. If you are ever in the area or have a question on the CG and best time to be here please feel free to PM me....
Wow thanks for the offer! If we ever head up that way I'll definitely message you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I would hate to live in Myrtle Beach because it would take away one of my favorites to get away to and go camping
So true! We used to vacation here when I was a kid and now living here its definitely lost its allure but our friends all like visiting haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL 378 View Post
We are living full time in our MH at Myrtle Beach right now, could be a little warmer but it's better then PA right now. Great place if you want to shop everyday. A few more weeks here and off to Florida for three months, can't wait. You will love camping, welcome to the forum.
I think the weather is perfect right now! Its been so hot this summer Florida will be very nice in the winter months. My wife and I have a long way to go before we can travel like we want to (we're both 30 and haven't hit the lottery yet haha). But weekends and vacations are going to be much better now!

2012 Cherokee 254Q - Our first Travel Trailer and we love it!
JMERV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Site Team

Hello and welcome aboard! You are going to have so much enjoyment from your travel trailer. My TT is two years old and I love it as much now as I did when I first brought it. Isn't it great to be able to hitch up and do a little bit of traveling with all the comforts of home.

Take care.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 AM   #7

Congratulations on the new TT and welcome to the forum. Myrtle Beach is our favorite place to camp.
Nights camped in 2021 Flagstaff: 2021(151) 2020(109)
Nights camped in 2009 Rockwood: 2019(62) 2018(33) 2017(25) 2016(31) 2015(34) 2014(37) 2013(36) 2012(37) 2011(21) 2010(48) 2009(33) 2008(18).
Brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
Welcome to the forum. Come on down to Fla. The weather is perfect. We are headed out tomorrow to Manatee Springs State Park in Chiefland, FL for a week. Then in Jan to Manatee Hammock Brevard county Park in Titusville, FL
ShebaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShebaGinger View Post
Welcome to the forum. Come on down to Fla. The weather is perfect. We are headed out tomorrow to Manatee Springs State Park in Chiefland, FL for a week. Then in Jan to Manatee Hammock Brevard county Park in Titusville, FL
We also plan to be in Manatee, great park we stayed their last year, then we went to Patrick AFB, that was a mistake. We will be there the 15/18, before we go up to Jacksonville on our way back but that is all after the Glades with the FROG group........Didn't mean to high-jack the thread......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #10

Welcome to the Forum!

Ralph & Amy
2012 Forest River Grey Wolf 27BHKS
Days Camped 2013: 11
AmyBarkerPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote