New member from NH, no RV yet, but probably Galleria 24A
Hello all! I have been doing A LOT of research on RVs, and my wife and I have been narrowing down the priorities after a couple of rentals both un the UK and the US. The requirements are:
- Class B is our perfect compromise on min/max living space and vehicle size
- Fixed rear bed (no sofa bed to undo/redo daily and proper mattress preferred)
- Large fridge with drawer freezer (like we have at home)
- Insulated and designed for cold-weather travel
- Ability to be off-grid as much as realistically possible
- No step up into cab (so MB only, sorry Ford and Dodge guys!!)
- No hard shelf above cab seats (hit our heads too many times)
- Highest affordable quality (ARV builds nice stuff, but $$$$)
The fixed bed really cut the field down to just a few choices, with the Winnebago ERA 70A and the Coachmen Galleria 24A fitting most of our design criteria. However, we feel the Galleria is hands-down the better of the two on so many fronts, such as fit-and-finish, weatherization options, battery options, and more.
The one last desire out of the optimal floor plan that we are so desperate for is a forward-facing bench seat and fixed table behind the driver seat. We spent two weeks driving the Ring Road around Iceland with this setup, and being able just park and swing the driver seat around to a fixed dinette area was just a dream!!! The table acted as additional counter space / prep area, as well as a place to relax or plan our journeys. It also allowed one of us a place to go if the other wanted to sleep, which you can't do with a convertible lounge setup.
So, the Galleria 24A looks like it comes the closest to meeting our needs without spending a ridiculous amount to get a custom build. Wil probably live with the factory floorplan for the duration of the brief warranty period, then start modifying to get us the rest of the way. Now it is just a matter of figuring out how much we save up for a deposit vs how long it takes to order from the factory, since I have not found one with our option preferences anywhere in the country.