Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #21

Congrats on the new rig! We love going to Lancaster county campgrounds. Oak creek is one of our favs. See ya out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #22

welcome from the other end of the state. clarion, pa
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #23
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by An unknown person View Post
I too am new here. I grew up in eyesight of the Green Dragon and graduated from Cocalico. Worked at HoJo's now the Black Horse. Been in Michigan for a little over 20 years. There's a lot I miss about home. Goods in the blue bag, Martins pretzels, country maid cream filled doughnuts. Some how I don't miss scrapple.
When we checked in a Mill Bridge CG today we were informed that the Green Dragon suffered a bad fire last weekend.
2 alarm fire at Green Dragon Flea Market - WHP CBS 21 Harrisburg - Top Stories
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank-VA View Post
When we checked in a Mill Bridge CG today we were informed that the Green Dragon suffered a bad fire last weekend.
2 alarm fire at Green Dragon Flea Market - WHP CBS 21 Harrisburg - Top Stories
Right now they will not be open this Friday but plan to reopen the next week, if looking for another place like the Green Dragon try Root's off of Rt. 72 near Manheim, we like Root's better, the produce choices seem better, they are only open on Tues. but if I were them I would open this Friday as some of the vendors go to both places I think they would do well.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #25

I talked to my dad on Sunday and he told me about it. I read the article in the Ephrata Review. That said it was a 2 alarm fire. But the end of the article said this.

"Apparatus from 19 different fire companies were called to the scene.

Besides Ephrata Pioneer, companies assisting are Lincoln, East Cocalico, Akron, Martindale, Denver, Durlach/Mount Airy, Reamstown, Reinholds, Rothsville, Weaverland Valley, Witmer, Neffsville, Brunnerville, West Earl, Fivepointville, Farmersville, Garden Spot Fire & Rescue, Lititz, as well as medical units from Ephrata and Reamstown."

19 different fire companies were on scene! Holy Cow! Some of them traveled quite a ways.
An unknown person is offline   Reply With Quote