Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
Submarines once..........

Talking New Rockwood Roo

Hello All,
We are new to the forum and have just upgraded to a 2012 Rockwood Roo 233S (Should be here in a week or two!) from a 2008 2280 pop up. We loved our pop up but with four little girls it runs out of room fast especially if it is a rainy day! That is why we chose the 233S with three beds and a slide out. I was wondering if anybody out there hand any advice/warnings/ect for dealing with hybrids.
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the "Roo Kroo"!!!!

for more info, begin reading under the Expandable/Hybrid section here at FRF.
there's a Roo section and a Shamrock(twin of the Roo)section.
lots of 233S owners in both and many will be able to help with info and ideas.

i think the 233S has replaced the 23SS as the most popular floorplan.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #3

Welcome! We are also getting a new Roo too. Ours won't be finished until the end of April though. You'll have to post plenty of pics when you pick it up.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #4

Welcome! We pick our Roo 233S up on Monday (happy dance)! I've found the people on this forum to be simply wonderful. There is so much information to be found in the pages of the forums. Set aside an hour or two - grab a glass of vino or beer and just browse around. Search on "hot" topics such as winterizing, towing, hitches, condensation, and mods as these seem to be discussed frequently and contain a wealth of information.
Congrats and have fun!
steph
Nights camped in 2012 - TBD
stephs2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome! That's a nice floor plan!!
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I second stephs suggestion to grab a glass of vino or beer! Can never go wrong with that advice (unless its before noon and even then its ok if your snowed in like we are ).

The hybrid section here is chock full of people with 233S's and 23SS's and so on. The floorplans and interior choices change somewhat from year to year but all these Roo/Shamrock models are fairly similar as to systems so you'll have lots of reading to do.

Most trailers are the same with regards to certain other things like towing so you can spend a lot of time in the non-hybrid areas, too.

Here's what I would focus on first with your search for information. The first two items are critical to you when picking it up.

PDI and walk though - there are various lists. Print one out or let me know and I'll post mine.

Weight Distribution Hitch

Canvas - make sure to "season" the tent ends by getting them wet before you go out on your first long trip.

We have three girls and a big dog and the 233s is a great floorplan.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #7
rbq

Agree with Triguy on PDI & seasoning the canvas. Take your time checking things out. Check cabinet doors, drawers & windows. We found that we had one that was stuck shut & the tech had to get it open. No problem with it now. Open all of the beds & set them up & inspect the canvas. Even though we bought ours at the RV show last year they hadn't opened the side bed due to closeness at the show. When we opened it found that they had used the wrong cables for that bed. Easy to replace & glad we checked it out before we went to use it. If you haven't, go to RV Wholesalers website or youtube & check out the 23SS set up videos. This will deal with many of the issues of set up & take down of an HTT. We found if very helpful. We have the 233S & love it. Can't wait for weather to clear so we can get out & use it.
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hybrid, roo