Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #1

New Sabre Sihouette 250RLUD

Hello All, New Sabre Silhouette 250RLUD and really like it.

I am new to forum posting, actually this is the first time ever. I just wanted to comment on the Sabre Product line. My wife and I have been rving since the early 90's and have owned several units to include travel trailers, Fifth wheels (Cardinal), Gas and Diesel Motorhomes and I feel the Sabre is one of the best values for the money. The fit and finish is as good as any of the other units we have owned and I really feel like it is a hidden secret. Hope this might help someone thinking of buying a Sabre. Going out on our third trip this weekend to Myrtle Beach with the family and hope all goes well. Wife, daughters, and English Mastiff will be in attendance. Thanks for reading my first post and GO HOKIES.
SCHOKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #2

We really liked the Sabres as well, looked at the 290REDS. Pretty much the same layout as our Flagstaff, but the GVWR was too high for our provincial licencing standards. We have to stay under 10,000 GVWR, otherwise need a higher-class licence.
I agree that they seemed well put together, miles ahead of their cousins the Palaminos. Those were shockingly cheaply constructed.
I am sure you will enjoy the Sabre.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:27 AM   #3

Crocus - I have the Sabre 290RES (2011) which has a GVWR or over11500 lbs as listed by the manufacturer. When I registered it in Nova Scotia I was given the option of picking my own GVWR and therefore chose to register it at 9800 lbs as that was close to the truck rating as well as being cheaper to renew the registration each year. You may want to check and see if Manitoba has such an option.

The unit has been excellent with only a couple of minor problems that I fixed myself. Very satisfied with it.

Schokie - Congratulations on your new unit.
riversedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #4

to the forum and congratulations on your new camper AND your first post!

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote