Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #1

New to forum

Hi,
We just signed the papers on a Surveyor SV235RS. We show dogs, and the floor plan is going to work well for our 8 (yes, count'em, 8) shelties. We attend quite a few shows, and are looking forward to staying on the grounds at the dog show with a "real" trailer. The one we have been using is a vintage 1968, eight foot long, Kelstar. She's tiny, but she worked. That is, until my 16 yr. old twin boys hit 6 feet tall. They don't fit anymore . I'm really excited to use our new (and thank God, bigger trailer), but a little apprehensive. I've never towed anything this big before. We will be towing it with our '97 Ford E-150 van. He's an oldie, but gently used, and very well cared for and maintained. Any hints for a newbie Surveyor owner.
cullivoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum cullivoe. We are glad you found us and are here to help. You might find that towing a longer trailer might be easier than the smaller one. Just take it easy at first until you get comfortable with it. Be sure you have good mirrors to see the back of the trailer and the proper hitch.

Good luck and congratulations on the new rig.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Nice lookin' trailer. Had a 2003 Keystone OUTBACK with a hard queen slide on the rear. I liked it, but my wife got tired of not having a walk-around bed.
The floor plan looks quite similar...but it had a side slide as well. I'm sure you'll love it. Congrats and welcome!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #4

Welcome to the forums!!!

That is a nice looking layout.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:08 AM   #5
RAC

Welcome to the Best RV forum on the internet. You will find lots of knowledgeable people here who can answer just about any question you might have. Good hitch, mirrors, sway control and brake control are a good start to a safe adventure.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:30 AM   #6

to FRF!!!

enjoy!!

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote