Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2021, 02:36 PM   #1

New to RV world - 21 EPRO19FD

We are new and have planned a few trips in CA state parks this year. We welcome any tips on storing RV etc. I know how to empty black, grey and fresh, but am unsure if I need to do anything with water heater etc. Battery and gas are off when storing.

I am currently looking into diy protective coatings such as Glidecoat or Nextgen and welcome any suggestions or experiences.

Thanks,
Nick and Pattie
ncdcarlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:53 PM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your 2021 EPRO 19FD.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:09 PM   #3
Campaholic

Welcome to the forum from Winnipeg Manitoba
Greg.miranda.travels
Fun finders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:16 PM   #4

Welcome from Baja Arizona!

If you plan on storing the RV for more than a few weeks at a time, you'll do yourself a favor by picking up a battery maintainer. This video from an RV dealer in Michigan does a good job of discussing getting the maximum life out of your battery.

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Hoomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:45 AM   #5
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase of a 2021 EPRO 19FD. Enjoy and Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:02 AM   #6
Trailer Park Supervisor

Welcome to the forum and search epro geopro in the forum search window. You will have answers to any of your questions probably already answered. And go into your profile and add your unit to your signature line. Tow vehicle too.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:46 PM   #7

Congrads on the trailer !!, We have a 19FD and love it... If I am going to store mine for more than a few weeks, I drain the fresh water tank and water heater (the 1 1/6 nut attached to the anode rod - outside of unit). Turn off propane. Prop open the refrig door. My battery does not seem to drain down, the unit is under a carport, seems to get enough indirect sun to keep charged - you need to determine this on your unit as you might have to disconnect the battery, as there is a small amount drain, .3AH with everything turned off.

2019 F150 Extended Cab, STX, 2.7l, 4WD
2021 Flagstaff E-Pro 19 FD
mcbridek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:29 AM   #8

Welcome!

We have a G19FD and love it!! We live in the CA Bay Area and didn't "winterize" our unit, I just drained he water and left the faucets open (we also had a very mild winter). The following may be more than you ask for but this is what I have learned over the past year. Definitely pull your anode rod (assuming you have one) and inspect it. My trailer was only 6 months old and it needed to be replaced. If it has deteriorated flush the debris out of the tank by squirting water thru the anode hole. Turn on the gas valve very slowly so you don't activate the safety mechanism that restricts gas to the trailer. After turning on the gas, light the cooktop to clear the line of air so the water heater and refrigerator light immediately. The CDC recommends 1/8th teaspoon of Chlorine per gallon of water for safe water. I keep about 4 gallons of water in the tank with 1/2 tsp of Clorox added between trips. I have a 100 watt solar panel and it keeps the battery charged at 100% The maximum discharge on our 12v battery (deep cycle RV Marine according to Interstate) is 11.9 volts. With everything off (propane detector, TV light, etc. can still be on) it will come back up to 12.4 volts. 12.4 is 50% discharge which you don't want to drain further without shortening the battery life. The cooktop fan has an exterior vent I didn't know about. Under the black cover on the exterior there are 2 latch's that release it to open. It is locked shut so it doesn't flap when being towed.
A common sense item is look under your trailer before you hook up to your tow vehicle. You don't want to raise the tongue on the trailer with the rear stabilizers down. If you grease your wheel bearings jack the trailer on the frame, never by the axle. I use a 6x6 block to fit between the floor jack and the frame. Enjoy your trailer!!
Chewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:00 PM   #9
Trailer Park Supervisor

Crewman, good tips. You must have some awful water chemistry where you go, I'm on 3rd season with my anode. It is sacrificing itself, but not even half gone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	anode.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	252213  
Old 04-17-2021, 08:24 PM   #10

Battery question!

I enjoyed watching the battery video. I called Forest River and they told me the solar panels can't overcharge the battery so instead of using a battery tender just let the solar panels do their job. I store my trailer next to my house and it has been using the solar panels for a little over a year. There are so many different opinions on batteries and preserving the longevity I would like to know what people think! Thanks!
Old 04-17-2021, 09:16 PM   #11
Trailer Park Supervisor

You will certainly read a lot of opinions, lots of them facts, by searching the site. It's all been beaten to death about a million times. So Chewman, did your anode look like the 75% gone pic I posted when you replaced it?
Old 04-18-2021, 09:56 AM   #12

Anode Rod

I just went out an just looked at my old anode rod. I assumed that since the "coating" was gone where it attaches to the plug it needed to be replaced. Since nothing was open (Covid) when we bought the trailer I spent my time running everything, checking service items, and familiarizing myself with everything on the trailer. I was expecting the rod to look new since the trailer was new, so I obviously jumped the gun! Thanks for posting the pics of the anode rod! One thing I have learned in the year of owning a trailer is I am always learning something new!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anode Rod.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	252279  
Old 04-18-2021, 10:21 AM   #13
Trailer Park Supervisor

That anode rod is still good! Just needs a fresh wrap of teflon tape on threads.