Old 05-31-2018, 09:34 AM   #1

New to the Family 37RTH Silverback 5th Wheel

Not new the forum as I have done a lot of reading on here before we decided to push the special order button on a Cedar Creek 37RTH Silverback. We are so excited about this we have contacted the factory and they are going to work with us to see our trailer in action being built. We have added every option possible as we are looking forward to spending a lot of years enjoying this trailer. This will be our 5th trailer over 15 years and feel confident with this brand decision.

Thanks you for all your post that has contributed to hours of reading and providing a better foundation of deciding on our Cedar Creek 37RTH Silverback purchase!

I look forward to sharing all my mods i have plans for this trailer and sharing our off the road adventures!

Gary
4garylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:33 PM   #2

Welcome from SW Ohio ,enjoy your Silverback 5thwheel !
Old 05-31-2018, 04:45 PM   #3

Oops, never mind I see its a toy hauler
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:53 PM   #4

I did not know Cedar Creek made a Toy Hauler, even in the Silverback
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:49 PM   #5

Enjoy your Silverback! Hope your wait time goes quickly.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum from a fellow silverback owner. Ours is older but well loved. See you on the road, God Bless, Ken
'13 GMC 2500HD
Duramax/Allison
Otegoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:49 PM   #7

included links to the new toy hauler

you dont loose any living space with cedar creeks toy hauler. we have been waiting for awhile for something like this!!!

video -

brochure - Cedar Creek Silverback Edition 37RTH Fifth Wheels / Toy Haulers by Forest River RV
Old 06-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #8

congrats, you will love it, we picked up our 2019 37rth 4 days ago and we are working our way home with it now.

Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:07 AM   #9

Congrats on the new purchase, looks like an awesome unit!!

Good luck and safe travels!!

Camped
2016 - 21 nights
2017 - 42 + scheduled....
Life is great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:47 AM   #10

Welcome from Kentucky and congrats on the new ToyHauler
ImTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #11

what options did you add and what furniture did you get?
Old 06-11-2018, 06:49 PM   #12

What we ordered

We ordered ours with standard options and opted out of carpet in the bedroom and living room. We ordered Almond "leather" but they sent Almond microfiber instead. We can try to send you pictures. Just send us another PM if you want them. The spare is now mounted under the coach. There is now generator packages available but we did not have that as an option on ours.

Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:00 PM   #13

I am very interested in the 37rth too. How are you enjoying it? Were there any issues upon delivery? You ordered directly from FR? Any suggestions?
NY Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:26 PM   #14

Update

we picked up the trailer on August 17th. we ended up with the 2019 .5 yes .5. we did see some missing items upon delivery pick up which wasnt a big deal and figured we would have a local dealer closer to us address after the season. well we have a good list for to be addressed which we are working directly with the factory and Orvan (indiana family). in talking with the factory they have a great relationship with Orvan and on the forum everyone points to him for getting things fixed right. I have lost trust in dealers from our experience and prefer to work directly with the factory reps. I ordered the unit thru a dealer and we had it loaded with every option available. we love the new 2019 .5 over the 2018 as the colors and updated fits our style and likes. the list of stuff that needs address hasnt kept us from not using the unit and so we figured lets get all the bugs identified now and take over to indy once! feel free to ping me anytime about the new year upgrades and changes.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #15

We ended up getting the 2019.5 also, and we were able to get the dark couches that we like. We got it from RV Nation in OH, and we are in NY, so hopefully nothing goes wrong. We are picking it up on Saturday. Anything I should have on my checklist as I go through it?
Old 09-26-2018, 03:29 PM   #16

Question what options did you have added?

what options did you have added or what options are they coming with..
Old 09-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #17

Here are the options

Chestnut Furniture Package
Silverback Edition Package
20 cu ft SS Electric Refrigerator with Icemaker & Filtered Water
Awning Toppers
LP Gen Prep
Automatic 6 Point “Level-Up” Hydraulic Leveling System
15K BTU Whisper Quiet Low Profile Ducted 2nd A/C W/ Cold Air Returns
Washer & Dryer Prep
Wireless Rear Camera System
Solar Prep
Shaw Carpet in Bedroom
Carbon Monoxide Detector
RVIA Seal
Old 09-26-2018, 03:49 PM   #18

Check list to go over

1. Ceiling fans now come with the 2019.5 in the living room (confirmed with Factory Rep)
2. Slide out seals are not extended all the way down resulting in open elements on the corners of the slide out rooms. you can see daylight on the bottom corners of the slide outs.
3. Check that island is not rubbing against the fridge when slides are in. you will see the fridge push the island up some if island has been positioned wrong.
4. check all the panel molding (T molding) that runs the length of the ceiling seems assure that none is missing.
5. check to assure the main entry door is mounted properly as issue is for some reason the doors are not fully shutting and you can see it on the bottom left like the door is bowed.
6. check to make sure the main Awning aluminum wrap has been installed
7. we went with carpet in the living room area and only two corners on the slide out got the carpet corners applied so, missing two other carpet corners.
8. make sure that all your keys work and you can lock and unlock all your locking handles. we are having problems with main security lock and the right handle door lock on the garage door. haven't worked from day one.
9. check to make sure your landing gear looks straight in the front. day one we picked ours up the left front looked a little odd. well after two months it is dangerously worse. i looked at the lippert mounting plate and it missing a few welds from keeping it from bowing out.
10. have the dealer turn the ice maker on and open bypass. when we started our ice maker while camping the line was loose and flooded our kitchen.
11. we are having problems with our awning toppers only on the hydralic slides. the tension seems to have tighten so tight not allowing the slides to fully slide out and has totally bent the brackets and has ripped the awnings. we have taken the toppers off for now on the two slides to assure the slides can fully extend.

To us these are minor things and we are close to Orvan in Indiana and are working with the awesome CC factory reps and plan on taking our unit over to them after the season so all has been good with our unit.

I really cant complain as this camper is so awesome!!!
Old 09-26-2018, 10:42 PM   #19

Wow! That is some list! Thanks for the information, we will be aware of this! Some of those things are big things! We do not have a rep or dealer on Long Island, so they better deal with any problem right away!
I am pretty sure ours doesn’t come with ceiling fans. It was not in the pictures. Do you mean vents with exhaust fans?
I will definitely show this list to my husband.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:35 AM   #20

Yes Ceiling Fan

they are not in the pics and not sure why. but all the new Silverbacks from July 10th on come with ceiling fans. they changed the ceiling to flat so this is an added standard feature. the fan mount is about 2 feet in front of the living room tv. this was in a flyer we got from CC introducing the 2019.5 changes which inclcuded all silverbacks come with ceiling fans. we noticed ours wasnt there so we call shawna at CC to confirm and she confirmed that yes the 37rth is suppose to come with ceiling fan 2019.5.

Tags
5th wheel, wheel