Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2019, 12:39 PM   #1

New to the Forum from California

Easing into a ‘18 Sunseeker and have accomplished a couple of short trips (3 days) and am planning 2 weeks on the road with a bit of boon docking and trying to figure what to be most worried about?[emoji4]. Like, what do folks actually connect to the accessory LP port; I’ve discovered it’s low pressure? Where in this forum should I seek help?

One thing for sure, I’m a better driver in the RV - it’s slowed me down a lot! Loving that!!! Thanks much!
Gordonk115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
DW's 401(k) Plan

Can't help about anything to do with boondocking...DW has GOT to have her electricity. But.....
Welcome from Western Maryland and from one Sunseeker owner to another!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonk115 View Post
Easing into a ‘18 Sunseeker and have accomplished a couple of short trips (3 days) and am planning 2 weeks on the road with a bit of boon docking and trying to figure what to be most worried about?[emoji4]. Like, what do folks actually connect to the accessory LP port; I’ve discovered it’s low pressure? Where in this forum should I seek help?

One thing for sure, I’m a better driver in the RV - it’s slowed me down a lot! Loving that!!! Thanks much!
Click on FORUMS and familiarize yourself with all our sub-forum categories. For this question, I'd look in Propane Systems - Forest River Forums.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:06 PM   #4

Welcome from South Jersey. That port is for a gas grill. You can use any gas grill you want by removing its built in regulator or buy the one they sell for your RV.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Welcome from South Jersey. That port is for a gas grill. You can use any gas grill you want by removing its built in regulator or buy the one they sell for your RV.
Or you can buy a low pressure stove with grill accessories, like Camp Chef or Blackstone. CW has a number of low pressure grills.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:34 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonk115 View Post

Hi and welcome to FRF, from a native Californian who escaped.
I'm guessing that you're going to a California State Park or Beach, since they very rarely have hookups of any kind.
I'm also guessing that your Sunseeker might have a built-in generator. But you don't have your model number listed in your profile so can't say for sure.

We became expert dry campers living in California. Power, FW water and gray water disposal are the challenges.
1. We chose to have a Honda 2000i inverter generator, to recharge the batteries, run the microwave and sometimes the a/c.
2. We have a 6 gallon water jug to shuttle fresh water.
3. We have a Barker blue tote tank to dispose of gray water. NEVER needed to use it for black water(and our black tank was only 25 gallons).

Other things to consider:
Inverter to run tv and recharge electronic devices.
Water Thief for attaching hose to non-threaded spigot.
LED bulbs if your Sunseeker has any incandescent bulbs.

If you never run the microwave or a/c, solar may be a desirable choice.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 04:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Hi and welcome to FRF, from a native Californian who escaped.
I'm guessing that you're going to a California State Park or Beach, since they very rarely have hookups of any kind.
I'm also guessing that your Sunseeker might have a built-in generator. But you don't have your model number listed in your profile so can't say for sure.

We became expert dry campers living in California. Power, FW water and gray water disposal are the challenges.
1. We chose to have a Honda 2000i inverter generator, to recharge the batteries, run the microwave and sometimes the a/c.
2. We have a 6 gallon water jug to shuttle fresh water.
3. We have a Barker blue tote tank to dispose of gray water. NEVER needed to use it for black water(and our black tank was only 25 gallons).

Other things to consider:
Inverter to run tv and recharge electronic devices.
Water Thief for attaching hose to non-threaded spigot.
LED bulbs if your Sunseeker has any incandescent bulbs.

If you never run the microwave or a/c, solar may be a desirable choice.

Great info! Thank you!!
Old 09-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #8

Thank you!!!
Old 09-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Click on FORUMS and familiarize yourself with all our sub-forum categories. For this question, I'd look in Propane Systems - Forest River Forums.

Will do- thank you!

Tags
california