Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2019, 11:34 AM   #1

Question new to the forum, not new to trailering

Welcome to others newbees out there from a newbee on here. Been camping most of my life, got myself my first 5'er, 2006 Cedar Creek Custom 37CKQS. A couple of questions if anyone can help me. 1) My electric dump valves not working but in the open position. Previous owner did install a manual valve on the black water tank. Any easy checks to do to troubleshoot these valves? Got the belly insulated and closed in so no quick access to the valves. 2) Holding tanks, black self explanatory, but here it gets fuzzy for me. I got grey and galley tanks also. There is a washer drier combo unit. Do I understand to use the washer/drier it drains straight into the master drain pipe? What drains into the galley tank? Since both grey and galley tank valves are open it will be difficult to use the process of elimination running a faucet and seeing which tank it drains into. Understand bathroom sink and shower and kitchen to grey and washer to galley? Googled it but there seems to be a couple schools of thought. Thanks for letting me bend our ear.
herkyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:42 AM   #2

I can only speak for our Wildcat; we have a "black", "grey" and "galley" and the galley is for kitchen only by virtue of the floor plan. I also have 2 drain valves separate from each other. Black and grey towards the front and galley just rear of midway. Since my washer hookup is in front closet, I am going to assume it goes directly to grey as shower does.

Depending on how your floor plan is set up, maybe same-thing??

Of course, I'd rather be camping
RolnThndrCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #3
Canadian Member

Welcome to the forum from just east of Toronto!

The washer should drain into a tank. Which tank depends on how the factory decided to plumb it. It could be the grey tank or the black tank. Originally, the 5er should have had a separate gate valve for each tank. I have to assume (hope) that the previous owner replaced each valve with an electric valve but that could be wrong. There may be a separate, add-on valve at the outlet of the 3" pipe where the black and grey tanks drain.

The galley tank is typically only for the kitchen sink.

Hope this helps some.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #4

All my tanks are forward. Since they're all covered, not sure which one is which. The trailer came with electric valves factory installed. All I know is the previous owner swapped out the black water tank valve with a manual one. I have a gate valve at the sewer connection which for obvious reasons need to remain closed. My galley tank fills up from showering and also washing dishes. Grey water doesn't seem to fill at all. I run the washer with the valve open at the sewer connector as the previous owner said it had to be done like that. Not sure if I agree with him on that. Eventually this fall I will need to drop the belly pan anyways to install wiring for a new stabilizer/leveling jacks I'm putting on to replace the factory stabilizer jack. Until then I guess I'll have to keep operating the way I am now. Don't like having all my non-black water drain as soon as I open the gate valve at the sewer connector. Thank goodness I have the black water tank rinse to ensure the tank and pipes are clean before closing that valve. Thanks for your insight, anything helps!
herkyfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer