Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2015, 12:28 AM   #1

Smile New to this Forum and also RVing

Howdy,

I'm new to this Forum and also RVing. My Significant Other, Linda, and I just finished our first camping trip in our R-Pod and spending about 2 months doing so.

We have particular interests in Boon-docking - thus are interested in all information in this area. Of great interest are Solar panels for charging our batteries and occasionally using a generator. Preference is with the Solar side.

Personally, I'm writing my first book on the topic of America's Architecture of the Cold War. I'm learning a great deal from the research that I am doing as I currently write each chapter.

So far, I've written an Introductory Preface (that needs re-writing as I've changed the scope from about 1945 through the Nixon Surprise - to a more manageable scope of just the Truman and Eisenhower administrations); 2 chapters on the Truman administration; a chapter on the contributions of the Fourth Protestant Awakening to the Cold War (as they roughly coincide within the same time-frame); a chapter on George Kennan and Paul Nitzi; and am just about done with the chapter on the Marshall Plan/ERP. I need to write a few chapters on the Eisenhower administration, a chapter on the UN, and maybe one or two chapters on yet to be determined subjects. I envision an overall book length of about 250 pages.

I find myself deeply engrossed within the Cold War period, thus am interested in chatting with others having a similar interest and knowledge base.

Linda and I are retired - I from over 20 years as a Systems Analyst and Computer Programmer and Linda from 48 years of Nursing. Prior to my work in Computers, I was involved in working for 10 years in Human Services, particularly in Crisis Intervention, Suicide Prevention, Family Systems therapy and Bio-energetics ala Wilhelm Reich, with a healthy dose of Sigmund Freud.

I've read quite a number of the forums already and am greatly impressed with the vast range of knowledge that other folk take time to share.

I'm looking forward to participating within this Forum.
Bob Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:24 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum from Georgia. Looking forward to reading about some of your adventures. Enjoy.

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2018 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:42 AM   #3

Another welcome from Georgia!
RockyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:29 AM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the forum from the top side land of Lincoln

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote