Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #1

Question New (to us) 2008 Georgetown 373

Hello all. Browsing this forum found tons of friendly and useful information and decided to join the group. Spent last 15 years in 1998 29ft. Winnebago Mini Winnie and just moved up to the 2008 Forest River Georgetown 373. Picked up at consignment dealer in TX and brought back up north to the cold and snow. New to having slides and jacks, etc. and unfamiliar where some things were on this rig but found your threads very helpful. I look forward to interacting with everyone.

I do have one question, if someone could assist please. Able to take care of most of the winterizing items including blowing out the lines, drain water heater, filter, etc. but could not figure out how to pump the rv antifreeze into the lines. I tried each of the two drain lines in the propane compartment assuming one of them would be the feed. Pump was on and faucet open but could not get any draw from the bottle. Must not be milking the cow the right way. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Fore Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Welcome aboard. Congrats on the 373 model.......one we had our eye on several times, but doing well with our model given our needs.

Not sure where you'll find the on-board water pump on your model......maybe someone with a 373 can chime in. It may be behind a false wall in the vicinity of the on-board water tank. You should be able to home in on where your pump is if you have someone turn on a water tap inside the rig (make sure you have some water in the tank and turn on the pump motor from the control panel inside) and listen for where the pump makes noise. Once you find it, you should also find a dead-end tube attached, with an in-line valve to draw your RV anti-freeze into the system.

Hope that helps.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Welcome to the forums. Inside thePropane compartment there is usually a black panel with a 4" round white access screw-in cap. Your water pump will be in there. At the rear of the pump there will be an in-line strainer and then a tee-type valve. In the one direction the pump will pull water from the fresh water tank. In the other direction the will be a similar looking tube that should pull through the opening. The end will fit inside a bottle of antifreeze. Personally I blow the lines out, drain the fresh water tank and water heater, dump the filter housing, remove the strainer to the pump and open the low point drain line and only use anti-freeze in the traps of the sinks and shower.
In my case the tube for the antifreeze was wiretied up inside the compartment. I had to remove the black panel to gain access to the wiretie to cut it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #4

Thanks cfsoistman. Makes me believe I should be okay in spite of not filling lines with antifreeze. I did put antifreeze in traps so wasn't a total waste of rv antifreeze. Second thought, will the water pump be okay? Any chance some water remaining in pump after blowing lines?
Fore Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore Aces View Post
Thanks cfsoistman. Makes me believe I should be okay in spite of not filling lines with antifreeze. I did put antifreeze in traps so wasn't a total waste of rv antifreeze. Second thought, will the water pump be okay? Any chance some water remaining in pump after blowing lines?
The strainer will have water in it. I know firsthand that it needs to be dumped. Mine was in pieces the first time. Fortunately the RV Dealer had the same assembly on a clearance table for $5. The strainer is a clear cannister piece that's about 1-1/4 round and about 1-1/2 inch deep. I ran the pump for about 15 seconds after I did everything else so there wasn't any remaining water in the pump.
I wrote myself a reminder on the black panel with a Silver Sharpie.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
Site Team

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new-to-you Georgetown 373. As you already have found out there's lots of helpful information here in the forums. Glad to have you as a member too.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #7

welcome from your short brother
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #8

Welcome to the forum!
XL 378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #9
Anacortesians

On our '02 GT325, the potable tank and the on-board water pump are located in a cupboard under the bedroom wardrobes. I though initially that they were dummy cupboards, as the doors couldn't be opened. After further study and listening to the water pump, I fnally figured out that the cupboard doors were screwed shut.

I took the screws out, opened up the cupboards and found the tank and pump. The cable TV coax comes through that compartment also, and access to the back of the power distribution/circuit braker unit is in there.