Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Explorer

New to us 2011 T26BHXL

Hi all, we have had our 2011 WildWood T26BHXL for 7 months and checked out this site before we purchased so thanks for all the info out here. I’ve been lucky enough to RV all my life, my parents are now full-timers. I am quite the handy man and tend to do a lot of modifications to make sure our home away from home is as good as it can be. I am also a stickler on maintenance and organization; when I get to where I want to be I don’t want to see the inside of a parts store.
Mods I have already done:
double industrial battery frame/rack up front.
Axle flip(first trip out we drug-ass and hitch several times), raised 5 1/4inch, I only wanted 3inch but for 24$ this was easy and after 5000plus miles it seems to ride/tow great, we do use an extra step now.
3 Cubbies under beds, cut out and framed for easy storage access, these were very difficult spaces to use before.
Second shelf across front wall of trailer, tons of new space.
Cabinet for lower bunk bed(upper bunk already had one).
Hinged kick board of couch to give fantastic storage access.
Receiver on back for bike rack or storage rack.
Many more smaller projects done and too do: Fantastic Fan in bath and new install above couch, insolate and heat tanks for winter use, D/C outlets in bunk beds, quieter-fan swap for fridge……….
As you can see: I have a great wife who lets me just do it and I have way to much time. I will be using this site as needed and will try to check in even more often.
See ya on the road,
Keep the shiny side up,
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BattProFraSide_web.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	19375   Click image for larger version

Name:	CabnBunk_web.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	19376   Click image for larger version

Name:	CubbyStorage_Web.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	19378   Click image for larger version

Name:	ShelfBed_web.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	19379  
Attached Images

YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

and great mods. Looks like you have had plenty of experience. Good to have you here.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your 2011 WildWood T26BHXL! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I like the storage mods with the baskets. Looks it would work well especially with the easy access.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #4

just got ours (also 26BHXL) - interesting mods you've done - plan on doing some myself - 1st one is how and where to mount the 22" tv

welcome
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to the forum !
Nice trailer and great mods !
Looks as if you'll fit right in here.
Come often ! Stay long
Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Explorer

Thanks all!!
As for TV's I try not to use one while camping, radio for news and weather. I push to live out side while camping; if your not sleeping, cooking or using the restroom get out side and enjoy. If I'm not enjoying the out side its time to move. Kids and I have gone several months with out asking for TV, its kind of something I'm proud of.
Now once the kids are gone and the wife and I go full time we'll surelly upgade to a fancy big screen satilite tracking rig.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #7

YoungK,
after all you said about weaning young'uns from the tv, I was surprised to see you saying you want a full satellite unit! My new trailer has tv capability, but I'm hoping to resist that temptation. After all, as you said yourself (paraphrasing) it's the call of nature that got you out there. A new camping friend said to me "don't give up the campfire for the tv... I think he's onto something....
Norm
Nammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
Explorer

I know its a double standard; kids cant have a tv but I can. I love just being able to say, "but I am the parent and thats why." While thats fun to say the trueth is more, I have an obligation to my kids and to the rest of society to raise my them the best way I can. To me that means getting out and learning/exporing/enjoying whats around you is more important than any tv show and being tiered at the end of the day is a good thing. But my kids wont travle with me for ever and I am going to slow down some day. And, enjoying a movie with the wife snoogled up next to me with the sound of rain on the roof is one of lifes great wonders too.
every thing in moderation
and "because I say so and I'm the parent," (just kidding, always talk/exlain to my kids)
John
Old 09-30-2016, 07:33 PM   #9

Storage Under Sofa

I want to open up the storage under my sofa also. 2011 Wildwood 26BHXL. But the furnace takes up part of the space. No furnce in that space on your model?
Thanks!
Joe
Swimming Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #10
Explorer

haven't been here for awhile

Swimming Moose
My furnace is located under the stove, I do have ducting that runs under the sofa on one side. The kick board I hinged mounted to the frame but did not interfere with any ducting, it was an easy mod. Our sofa is a sofa-bed, I lifted up the seat, unscrewed the kick board from frame and remounted with hinges to the floor.
My sister did hers but took off the kickboard ad installed a curtain and rod. I would think if you went this rout, a strip of half-round molding would be needed as a stop to keep items from sliding out during travel.
enjoy
John
43yrs of camping; one lucky guy