I am new to this forum and this RV, but not RV's.
We bought a 09' Georgetown 34TS a few months ago. This is my 3rd unit personally, after 2 slide in campers, but I grew up in a family around all of them, except for a bumper pull.
We are recent empty nesters, and had planned on buying something large enough to live in for some time once the kids were gone. While COVID sure made it hard to find something used, we found this super low mileage Georgetown.
It's a nice low mileage rig, with the same common story, of one of the couple passed, the other kept it around because she couldn't bear to get rid of it, then passed. Kids couldn't play nice with each other, so an attorney was stuck with getting rid of it.
Fortunately, the roof and windows never had a leak so it's a solid unit. From what we can tell it was a factory demo unit so this pizza has all the toppings. We will be doing some upgrades to it before we take it out for anything longer than the initial shakedown weekend. I am super experienced in auto mechanics, electrical, electronics, and carpentry.
Some upgrades we will be doing include:
- Fridge Fans (Done, and explained in the forum) https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2690012
- Change out the lousy Olivia TV for something nicer
- Upgrade the sound system to a Logitech 5.1 system
- Gut the TV antenna and convert it to direcitonal WiFi and Cellular antennas
- Replace the stereo and Voyager camera for an Android touchscreen
- Automatic Start for the Generator
- Large Inverter/Charger and LiFePo4 batteries.
- Move the water heater bypass inside where it's easy to use, and not where it'll freeze.
- Add rear ducted heat from the engine hot water, and also use it to prevent freezing.
Feel free to follow us on the trip. I am always happy to answer questions and help people out.