Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #1

New with epro 19fbs

Hi, we are from southeastern South Dakota, and have inherited a 2018 epro 19fbs from a sibling, who bought it new. It's been unused since Dec of 2018, after sib lived in it for ~5 months. RV dealer replaced battery and checked all the lines/tires. Hoping to take a trip to Iowa/Illinois soon. A couple questions off the bat: (a) I don't understand the door locking system. Two places for key, and it seems to lock itself after I go in the camper. I've looked online, even at Bauer products, and don't find any help for understanding the two lock cylinders and their roles. (b) Any advice on using TrailerLegs for winter storage?

Looking forward to our new fun in this travel trailer, and learning about the camping life! Peace, all!
CampingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 11:10 AM   #2

New epro

First of all, welcome the site. Lot's of smart people willing to share good advice. I don't happen to be one of them, but I'll try to help. I don't know the specifics of your trailer, but most are just like your house....one locks the mechanism and the other is a deadbolt. I was left wondering, if it is locked all the time, how do you get out once inside? That said, replacing the entire latch mechanism is not a difficult or expensive task.
2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5 EB
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 11:45 AM   #3
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingJ View Post
Hi, we are from southeastern South Dakota, and have inherited a 2018 epro 19fbs from a sibling, who bought it new. It's been unused since Dec of 2018, after sib lived in it for ~5 months. RV dealer replaced battery and checked all the lines/tires. Hoping to take a trip to Iowa/Illinois soon. A couple questions off the bat: (a) I don't understand the door locking system. Two places for key, and it seems to lock itself after I go in the camper. I've looked online, even at Bauer products, and don't find any help for understanding the two lock cylinders and their roles. (b) Any advice on using TrailerLegs for winter storage?

Looking forward to our new fun in this travel trailer, and learning about the camping life! Peace, all!
Hi, you should have two settings on your inside locking mechanism (mine is a red lever). One setting, for me it is lever all the way up, it is a "one time lock" which locks the door from the inside and needs to be manually unlocked to get out. The other setting, red lever all the way down, keeps the door locked "all the time" and permits exiting with just pulling the black full handle. That would allow you to exit and then get locked out accidentally.

True about the double locks, one is a simple handle lock, where just about any RV key will open it, the other is a deadbolt lock, has its own key and a bit more secure in terms of anyone opening it, but honestly no RV factory lock is really that secure.

As far as jacks in storage, I keep my jacks down at all times when stored for better stability, and if necessary in your storage area, to aid in theft prevention - thought being it is going to take longer to get that baby out, hoping more time for someone to notice a robbery in process.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
Campaholic

Welcome from Winnipeg Manitoba
Greg.miranda.travels
Fun finders is offline   Reply With Quote