Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2021, 12:44 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to jamcoro Send a message via AIM to jamcoro Send a message via Yahoo to jamcoro Send a message via Skype™ to jamcoro
New WolfPup 16BHS

Hello All,

Recently we purchased a new WolfPup 16BHS and love it so far.
We live on Vancouver Island and really look forward to checking out more of what it has to offer during these weird times.

I have finished a few mods already, will upload some photos when I get them.

The dealer we bought from didn’t really know what package we got, but with my research on the models, I knew I would be getting the small solar panel and such.

Has anyone had much success with the 50w panel actually doing much? Or have they upgraded it right away?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	22CB9FAD-782E-46C6-9963-5D50E68E74C7.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	463.8 KB
ID:	245341  
jamcoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
Campaholic

Welcome to the forum from Winnipeg Manitoba
Greg.miranda.travels
Fun finders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:43 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congratulations to your venture on future excursions. There's a wealth of knowledge and information on here from very experienced owners willing to help you out with your questions. Enjoy and happy camping from Central NC
Old 01-01-2021, 02:49 PM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your new Wolf Pup 16BHS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:54 PM   #5
Pop-up refugee

We "just" got ours, too. It's been a while, but it was after the camping season was over. We haven't upgraded our solar or battery, but we're looking at both. Dang 12v fridge.
Relaxin in the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:35 PM   #6

Congrats! I ordered my 16BHS Black Label in October...still waiting!
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:29 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to jamcoro Send a message via AIM to jamcoro Send a message via Yahoo to jamcoro Send a message via Skype™ to jamcoro
Mine came with the 2 way fridge. Still not 100% sure I am liking that. However not a big rush to upgrade the batteries with a propane fridge I guess.
Thanks for the warm welcome
Old 01-01-2021, 10:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamcoro View Post
Mine came with the 2 way fridge. Still not 100% sure I am liking that. However not a big rush to upgrade the batteries with a propane fridge I guess.
Thanks for the warm welcome
You're probably going to be glad you've got the electric/propane fridge in the future. They don't use a lot of propane and a great if you like off grid camping. According to what I've read 12v refrigerators are battery hogs.
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum.
Old 01-02-2021, 09:42 AM   #9
Pop-up refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
According to what I've read 12v refrigerators are battery hogs.
We're not being entirely fair to the 12v refrigerators, but in our defense, the manufacturers did it badly. Very badly.

The situation was "Here's a camper. It's got some electrical stuff, so here's a deep cycle from the local parts store". Then they said "Oh, we're going to run the fridge off of that battery too. Good luck with your 50w solar". That's pretty rude to people who aren't going to spend every night plugged in.

Given that the "outside kitchen" is an AC only fridge, I think we're lucky that the main fridge isn't also residential. Really, guys- a 16BH is our next step from our pop up, not something we're going to park in one spot for the season.
Relaxin in the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Hello All,

Recently we purchased a new WolfPup 16BHS and love it so far.
We live on Vancouver Island and really look forward to checking out more of what it has to offer during these weird times.

How have you enjoyed towing with your Tacoma? Is it the V6? I have the same truck, and am looking at the same trailer.

Are you happy with your weight distribution hitch, and which did you get (If you did get one) thanks!
DerfZet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 08:20 PM   #11

Hi there, yes my Tacoma is a V6, TRD Sport. I has the factory towing package on it, so it is rated for 6,500 pounds. This trailer comes up just over 3,000 pounds empty, but once we have the things in it, along with water and such, im sure we will be a bunch more.
The EQ hitch was part of the deal, however it is a husky brand, pretty heavy and heavy duty.
We have not taken it out yet as Covid has people locked down, and people are still travelling to Vancouver Island as they cant travel to the USA (snowbirds), so most of the sites are booked up like crazy.
When i drove it home (45 mins) i could tell there was a load, but the only real time i knew i had the trailer, was the acceleration, which wasnt really that bad at all.

I had them put in a trailer brake too, i think that was definitely a good choice, when i am stopping, there is no issue, i hardly feel a trailer.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:37 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:

I had them put in a trailer brake too, i think that was definitely a good choice, when i am stopping, there is no issue, i hardly feel a trailer.
As far as I know, a brake controller is required by law, since the trailer has electric brakes. At least in the US.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:42 PM   #13

Same in B.C. just wanted to note that. I had a small utility trailer I loaded with some mulch and it pushed me around a bit.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:01 AM   #14

Did you get the Husky Centerline TS?
That’s what I got with my Wolf Pup 16BHS. Locks it right in on the interstate. Gets noisy on tight turns but that’s the engineered in anti sway points rubbing. Sounds like heavy metal being being drug across concrete! Still like it’s performance a LOT! And the bars can be bought separately to upgrade for future trailers.
Search around here. A lot of people end up modifying their Wolf Pups for better function and exposing more storage space.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:30 AM   #15

Looks more like this one

https://www.huskytow.com/husky-towin...ribution-hitch

I look forward to see everyone’s mods. I have done a few already.

About to install a dual propane tank holder and cover.
I want to relocate the battery box inside, but fear the off gassing of the battery inside under the bed.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Looks more like this one

https://www.huskytow.com/husky-towin...ribution-hitch

I look forward to see everyone’s mods. I have done a few already.

About to install a dual propane tank holder and cover.
I want to relocate the battery box inside, but fear the off gassing of the battery inside under the bed.
That’s the kind of WDH you should remove the separate anti sway bar
when backing.
I wanted a second tank, too, but I decided to swap in a single 30 gallon tank for a little cheaper and easier.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote