Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2021, 01:46 PM   #1

Newb from California

Hey all, joined this site to gather information on the forest river brand. We currently own an attitude 19fb toyhauler, but considering our options for the next unit. My folks own an XLR 395 and itís been a great trailer for them. Iíve been doing a lot of research on the Cherokee 255rr and itís very appealing. It isnít a common trailer out here in California, but a used one came up forsale at a dealer so we took the opportunity to check it out. Hoping to get more info on this site which will make the decision easier to possibly order one or find a decent used one with the options we want.....preferably a Black Label 😬
Klitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #2

Klitzy, me too. Just bought a new FR Vibe TT and was looking for good or bad info on it out in the real world. Will not have it until next weekend though
gibby778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klitzy View Post
Hey all, joined this site to gather information on the forest river brand. We currently own an attitude 19fb toyhauler, but considering our options for the next unit. My folks own an XLR 395 and itís been a great trailer for them. Iíve been doing a lot of research on the Cherokee 255rr and itís very appealing. It isnít a common trailer out here in California, but a used one came up forsale at a dealer so we took the opportunity to check it out. Hoping to get more info on this site which will make the decision easier to possibly order one or find a decent used one with the options we want.....preferably a Black Label
Hi and Welcome to FRF, from a former Sonoma Valley and Napa Valley resident.
Suggest that you go to the Toyhauler section's Cherokee sub-forum. There are tons of 255RR posts there and you can ask your model-specific questions there.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:07 PM   #4

Nice! Yea not real new to forest river stuff but it’s good to hear a lot of “ real world” info from other folks. Hope you have a good experience with yours.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #5
Campaholic

Welcome to the forum from Winnipeg Manitoba
Greg.miranda.travels
Fun finders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:16 PM   #6

saw one like you want at FUN TOWN RV IN Cleburne tx. 31,000. 26 k price reduction. .sold .they have like 5 locations in texas. that is where i bought my puma 29 ft palamino toy hauler. list 44 k paid 28 k. drove 11 hours to ohio for my wildct. save 12,000$. if you want to travel or pay for delivery. dont know calif. prices. there is no shortage of 5 th wheels in Amarillo tx or just about any tx. rv dealer.
Thomas ho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post
saw one like you want at FUN TOWN RV IN Cleburne tx. 31,000. 26 k price reduction. .sold .they have like 5 locations in texas. that is where i bought my puma 29 ft palamino toy hauler. list 44 k paid 28 k. drove 11 hours to ohio for my wildct. save 12,000$. if you want to travel or pay for delivery. dont know calif. prices. there is no shortage of 5 th wheels in Amarillo tx or just about any tx. rv dealer.
Thanks! yea I will have to look into that. Its really wierd pricing with these things. Ive seen them as cheap as 27k and as much as 50k, and those were all black label editions. funny thing is with the black label, you are not adding a whole lot more options, so where is the huge swing in pricing coming from? idk.lol.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:15 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klitzy View Post
Thanks! yea I will have to look into that. Its really wierd pricing with these things. Ive seen them as cheap as 27k and as much as 50k, and those were all black label editions. funny thing is with the black label, you are not adding a whole lot more options, so where is the huge swing in pricing coming from? idk.lol.
You're probably seeing those higher prices on the West Coast.
Since 90% of RVs are made in the Midwest, prices on the Left Coast are much higher.
For example, a new 5th wheel we're looking at, is selling in SoCal for $56k. The same trailer is for sale in the Midwest, for under $38k.
West Coast dealers know that most won't make the drive East, even to save thousands of dollars. So they pad the prices.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote