Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #1

Hi, We just bought our very first TT. So we will have alot of questions I am sure. My first question is" while traveling are we supposed to stop at weigh stations?" The dealership set up our truck with the hitch and equalizer bar and the electric brake.And my next question is while traveling should we take down the wall mount tv? Any advise will be great help. So far really enjoy reading this forum.
shotgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #2

to the forum and congrats on your new camper. To answer your questions- No- you don't need to stop at weigh stations. They are for truckers. Can't help you with the TV question, but I'm sure that some one here will be able to answer that question.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #3

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the new TT.

No you don't stop at weigh stations, they are for commercial traffic only.

As for the TV, can't help you there, ours is bolted down but there are others here that will help on that one.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum!

No on the weight stations, for commercial traffic only.

If your TV is mounted to an adjustable bracket as ours is, then I would say probably NO to removing it during travel. We push ours back flush into the cubby opening it is mounted to and then there is an adjustable buckle strap to wrap across the front of it to keep it from moving or pulling away from the wall. Been traveling with it on for a year and half so far and have no problems. Our dealer even stated that is was perfectly fine to travel while attached, they have never seen one detach or break off.

'07 Rockwood 8281SS 5th Wheel
'07 Silverado 2500HD LMM Duramax Diesel / Allison 1000 CC 2LT S/B
Reese 15K 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Kwik-Slide
E.S.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:45 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum! What is your new camper? Hope you enjoy it and just ask away and I am sure you will get an answer. We just bought a Shamrock 23ss and have had it out for 10 nts on vacation and have reservations for this weekend. We can't wait to get out there and just camp in it and look it all over and move things around. We had our last TT for 3 1/2 seasons so we got used to where things were. It is an all new learning experience again.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2010 Ford F150 super cab 4 X 4
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you questions got answered. Don't hesitate to keep asking them.That is what we are here for. My opinion on removing the tv is that if you don't feel like it will travel well, play it safe and take it down. If you do feel ok with it up, then leave it.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote