Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #21
Wayne & Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShebaGinger View Post
With the number of parks in Fla. it will be a long time. We also want to do a western trip and an Alaskan trip. So many places so little time.

We have stayed at Blythe Island Regional park several times. Very nice place, full hook up, Wi-Fi, cable TV, very nice slots with concrete pad for outside the door. When traveling back from NC and VA it is out place to stay.
I know, right!? They gave us a huge book of parks nationwide that I haven't yet cracked into, but know that FL is chock full. I will certainly keep Blythe Island in mind - thanks for the tip!

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2011 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x2 Diesel, added springs
Nights camped: 2014 - 32; 2013 - 23
Wayne & Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wswkmw View Post
Howdy neighbor!

With the close proximity we may well cross paths at some point. We are going to hit many parks in the north FL area until I am more comfortable with longer road trips. If you have some suggestions, feel free to share!
A great place with clean bathrooms and nice level campsites as well as things to see and do is Oleno State Park near High Springs, FL. That is where we went for our "maiden voyage" with our 233S. It was close to home in case anything went wrong and let us learn about our new trailer.

Go while it is still cool at night... the knats can get bad in summer there!

James
Old 01-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #23

Welcome to the forum and all the great river's. We live in Illinois can only trips to cold to even move.
Enjoy your camping.
2013 so far 48 days
geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #24

welcome to the club. You will enjoy camping in the many parks. Look forward to seeing you on the road. We are just down the road in callahan. We spend a lot of time in the woods.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #25

Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
Maybe we need to start a Florida group on Facebook We are semi retired and making good use of our V-Lite.

I agree the cooler months are better because of the bugs and heat. Just have to adapt at times.

Happy Camping
ShebaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote