Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #1

Newbie from New Mexico

Hello to the group,
I don't have a travel trailer yet but have been looking into the Micro and Mini lites.

I'm in NM now and planning to return to the east coast when I retire/sell my house in the next year or two.

I want a travel trailer to see the SW and NW before I head east for good. Once I get back east I will probably be living in the trailer until I find a place to "plant" myself and rent/buy/build a little house.

Since I don't plan on full timing or traveling much once I relocate, I don't want to have to buy too much truck as a TV since it will be my daily driver.

The truck I plan on getting has a tow rating of 7000 pounds. I like the weight and length of the Micro 21DS / Mini 2104S, but am concerned with the small CC and lack of storage space. I won't be carrying much, just enough to live comfortably. I will be renting a storage locker for stuff from my house that I won't be selling or giving away. Occupants/travelers will be myself and my two dogs - an 80# German shepherd and 30# Jack Russell/Aussie mix.
Rosebud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. I would think the Micro lite would fill the bill for ya. Not to big but lite to tow. Good luck on your search and future retirement. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #3

I'm trying now to sell my house in Clarksville Va. and then move to New Mexico. You can see it listed on Zillow. 107 Dan circle Clarksville VA 23927. Lets trade where do you live city is good enough. Been looking in the Las Cruses area.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I'm trying now to sell my house in Clarksville Va. and then move to New Mexico. You can see it listed on Zillow. 107 Dan circle Clarksville VA 23927. Lets trade where do you live city is good enough. Been looking in the Las Cruses area.
LOL! I'm in the Manzano Mountains at 7800', just outside of Albuquerque. Have loved it but since my husband passed the snow and isolation has become a bit too much. And all my family is on the east coast.

I am in the process of downsizing my possessions and painting right now

Am planning on looking at North Carolina.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Welcome to the forum. I would think the Micro lite would fill the bill for ya. Not to big but lite to tow. Good luck on your search and future retirement. Later RJD
Thanks for the welcome!
Old 09-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
107 Dan circle Clarksville
Looks like a nice area, nice property, but the house is way too big for me. I'm wanting to settle into a home 900 sq ft of smaller

Tags