Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #1

newbie intro

Hi all,

After a lifetime of sleeping in tents, and cramming all my equipment into a car, cargo box, along with two teenagers, I decided I had to make a change. I didn't want a large camper, and originally thought of a class C MH. A MH, besides expensive, was impractical because then I would have to tow a car. That seemed to outweigh any comforts of a MH.
We settled on the toy hauler. I do ride a motorcycle but can say that it's not why we chose the toy hauler. Having that big door in the rear opens up a small trailer to make it feel less confining. That I can transport my bike is just an added bonus. However I still say that if I'm gonna ride, I'm gonna ride. Circumstances may arise where I'd haul the bike, but I don't see it coming any time soon.
The TT/toy hauler is mostly for festivals, and the coziness of having our own space when we travel. Plus not having to deal with finding hotels that accept pets.
So far so good.
johnnyfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #2

Welcome. When I was looking at trailers I had the same feeling about the openness of the toy haulers.
simplyrwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. Toy haulers make a lot of sense to a lot of people for many different reasons. You can't beat that open feeling.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum from Dawsonville, GA. I had a toy hauler for 2 years and never put one of our bikes in it. Was really nice loading and unloading the camping stuff though.
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags