Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2021, 05:45 PM   #1

Newbie, looking for general opinions and advice!

Hello friends,

So glad I found this forum.

TLDR: Born and raised, currently living in Rhode Island. My fiance and I, and our two cats are moving to coastal Maine from April-October, getting married there, traveling the southern states for one month, and then setting up somewhere warm until its time to go back to Maine again.

We have read a lot, and have friends who have been full time for a while, but we just really need some clarity.

We like Forest River, but are open to other brands.
Here are our needs/concerns:
-We feel we want a travel trailer, and the runner up is fifth wheel. no motor homes.
-we were told to get a "four season" trailer. We would never be anywhere near freezing temps. My fiance wont tolerate it. I, with very little knowledge, feel we dont need a 4 season. Change my mind??
-we need at least a 30 foot trailer. Fiance works from home, and would need a little space for his desk without being crushed
-I was told to buy slightly used, because the price is lower and factory issues have already been dealt with. Opinions?
- This will not be a permanent lifestyle for us. We are thinking two years.
-We will be stationary 90% of the time. not constantly traveling.

We have done a lot of research, and have been talking about making this move for a long time. I am a Coastal Ecologist and stumbled upon an amazing job opportunity. Most environmental professionals travel for seasonal jobs in their early careers. You don't have to, but it gives you a leg up for job opportunities if you are not tied down. After having a few jobs in my field I realized my specialty and was offered the job of my dreams, in the place we planned to spend our lives. (the first week we were dating, we took a spontaneous trip to Maine. We fell in love there.). Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope I posted it in the right place.
KombuchaBurps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 07:06 PM   #2

Take a look at the Rockwood 2442BS. Has a breakfast bar that can easily be a desk and a separate “side credenza” that could be used for a printer. The bedroom slide is available with either a full queen or a king. It would be my choice if we moved up from our 2205S.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KombuchaBurps View Post
-we need at least a 30 foot trailer. Fiance works from home, and would need a little space for his desk without being crushed.
I would look at bunkhouse trailers and convert the bunkhouse area into a mini-office. Buying slightly used would be beneficial for this because converting the bunks to an office might cause some warranty problems anyway.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags