Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #1

Newbie to RV

Hi all.
I am new to this forum and recently purchased a Grey Wolf 19RR. I have never owned an RV before and have pleanty of questions on best practices and basic use of my RV. The dealership provide a breif run through but there was little information regarding maintenance of the black water, grey water and fresh water tanks. The starter kit that was provided seems very marginal. There are surely substitute products or add-ons that would be more helpful in managing the systems on the trailer. Obviously lots to learn so any tips that I can get from these forums will be of great value.
I look forward to chatting on the forum and gettings lots of ideas that will benefit my RV experience.
Mike R.
roxberrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forums! What year is your Grey Wolf? You will find lots of helpful information here so please do start asking questions. Sometimes the answers can vary but that's is what makes this board helpful.

Most Walmarts will have a small RV section near the auto section. Some of your supplies can be pick up there. I upgraded my sewer hose with the Rhino Flex hose that Walmart and RV stores sell.

I will check back on this thread and see if I provide some information.

Take care,
Terier

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to the frf!
Your always welcome to ask questions here!
Very very seldom do we not figure out an issue!
Congrats on the new unit and post up pics when you can !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Welcome to the forums! What year is your Grey Wolf? You will find lots of helpful information here so please do start asking questions. Sometimes the answers can vary but that's is what makes this board helpful.

Most Walmarts will have a small RV section near the auto section. Some of your supplies can be pick up there. I upgraded my sewer hose with the Rhino Flex hose that Walmart and RV stores sell.

I will check back on this thread and see if I provide some information.

Take care,
Terier
Thanks Terier and Turbo,
The Grey Wolf is new 2013 model. I have looked around Walmart"s RV section but at this point don't even know what might be needed. I did pick up some levelers as I know I would need them. I have also read some of the posts on the forum regarding toy hauler mods as well as some of the other newbie posts and found them to be very helpful in getting some ideas. The Rhino Flex hose sounds like a good idea but I am not sure where I would be able to stow it. In the mods forum, they talk about various ways of adding a storage tube under the trailer. Any thoughts about a good generator/ inverter that would be appropriate for a 19RR? Thanks again.

Mike R.
roxberrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #5

to the Forum

If you do a search for Pimp my 19RR in the forums, started by Heytomgraywolf, in there are lots of ideas, page 20 shows a mod using composite fence post attached underneath the trailer or bumper for storing sewer hose.
Dave
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
Site Team

Just checking back.

I also like how members have created a sewer hose carrier especially with the rain gutter as a slide out for parts! Someday I hope to have one of my own but in the meantime I'm using a plastic bin to store my sewer hose & items which goes in the outside storage bin.

Just a heads up - the end connectors on some sewer hoses are removable which can help with storing. Some sewer hoses without the end connectors are still tricky to get in the bumper but will fit when inserted with the small tab toward the corner. There were some feedback from members about the bumper edges being sharp and could tear the hose so I opted not use the bumper. It could be an easy fit but I rather not even mess with it.

I would recommend checking how the hose you have will fit inside any carrier before mounting. Also Camping World sells sewer hose carriers too but my vote goes to the fence post holder for overall design (rain gutters wins!).

A water regulator/pressure gauge can be helpful. (About $20 & up @ Camping World) There will always be better items out there but you just need to determine what you need and want.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #7

My thoughts on using the bumper for storing of the sewer hose: Urine is a very major contributor in causing corrosion, rust. Working in aviation for many years we always had a major problem with corrosion forming around the urinals. Always better to use plastic for storing or something like that....I have an under bumper storage that I use, came with the tt. I replaced my hose and had to take a dreml and ground down some of the little ears so that my connector would fit in the tube.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #8

We have always used the bumper for the sewer hose storage for 10 years with no problems. We empty our black tank then we have a black tank flush. After you use the flush you empty all your grey water which is usually soapy water. That keeps your sewer hose rinsed of urine etc.. I do also recommend upgrading your sewer hose. We have the dominator hose it is very similar to the rhino sewer hose.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I've always used my bumper for storage and not had issues . I guess it's a matter of opinion.
I also use lynxs levelers as of late and enjoy the ease and simplicity and reduction in overall weight loss from heavy long 2x8's and the like from my tv.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote