Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2021, 04:05 PM   #1

Newbie to the travel trailer world!

Hi guys and gals,

Thanks for having an awesome resource to be a part of. I look forward to catching up with the forums to learn how to customize and modify as we go.

I ordered a new NoBo 10.5 in July '20 and finally setting out to pick it up next week. This will be my first travel trailer and excited to utilizing the heck out of it.

I'm based out of Oregon and picking up the trailer in Trenton, Ohio...this being my first travel trailer, I'm seeking out input on what to look for as I do a walk-around with the dealer.

Thanks for having me part of the crew.

J
JHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:16 PM   #2
Multi-Slacker

Welcome from SoCal!
Congrats on the NOBO and yes, this is an awesome resource.
2018 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L, 4:10 rear
CurtPutnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin. Enjoy your NoBo 10.5.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:56 PM   #4
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

WOW!
Living in Oregon and coming to our great state to pick up your TT!
What an adventure.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post

WOW!
Living in Oregon and coming to our great state to pick up your TT!
What an adventure.
Couldn't pass up a good price and a road trip! Looking forward to getting back to Ohio again!
Old 03-12-2021, 08:20 PM   #6

make sure to check, water heater , on propane and electric if dual. elecrtic jacks ,all if equipped. "my new puma missing rear lippert electric motor , caught it ,they put one on .locks , fridge , on propane and electric, .new battery propane tanks full. have them spray all propane fittings ,on tank hoses etc. " mine no sealer to regulator to pressure regulator. " lost a whole tank " pump , works and cuts off as its susposed to. running lights ,brake lights, license plate bracket. and plate light .missing on mine . "Dont fall for the bucket of starter stuff. " 54.00 $ rino ,walmart, water hose , etc walmart. regular household toilet paper is just fine . mat walmart. toilet chem walmart. have them pull anode rod out of water heater, so it isnt corroded to tank. how to winterize it. showing you physically where it is and " Show You". witch valves to close to water heater. drippey faucets when pump stops on its own . screens on heater vent , ask for them "free" please".all light inside work , and all switch functions . have fun , be through. its your money. you wont be back there for service , make them fix before you leave.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post
make sure to check, water heater , on propane and electric if dual. elecrtic jacks ,all if equipped. "my new puma missing rear lippert electric motor , caught it ,they put one on .locks , fridge , on propane and electric, .new battery propane tanks full. have them spray all propane fittings ,on tank hoses etc. " mine no sealer to regulator to pressure regulator. " lost a whole tank " pump , works and cuts off as its susposed to. running lights ,brake lights, license plate bracket. and plate light .missing on mine . "Dont fall for the bucket of starter stuff. " 54.00 $ rino ,walmart, water hose , etc walmart. regular household toilet paper is just fine . mat walmart. toilet chem walmart. have them pull anode rod out of water heater, so it isnt corroded to tank. how to winterize it. showing you physically where it is and " Show You". witch valves to close to water heater. drippey faucets when pump stops on its own . screens on heater vent , ask for them "free" please".all light inside work , and all switch functions . have fun , be through. its your money. you wont be back there for service , make them fix before you leave.
Thank you Thomas, appreciate the info. I'm creating my list starting with your help.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:30 PM   #8
Campaholic

Welcome to the forum from Winnipeg, Manitoba
Greg.miranda.travels
Fun finders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, trailer, travel, travel trailer