Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #21

Congrats on your trailer too! The dealer told us that it was a popular floor plan . (for the time that it's been out)
What type of hitch do you use to pull it with? I have a regular Draw Tite WDH. I was curious as to whether you had any problems with it clearing the body of the trailer due to the v nose.
dmer364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #22

Congrats Mikemiller69gs ! Are you by any chance related to Don Miller the body shop guy?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #23

Unfortunately I am not related to Don Miller. I could use a good paint guy in the family for my 69 Buick GS
Mikemiller69gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmer364 View Post
Hello,
We just wanted to introduce ourselves. Denny and Marlene here from Pittsburgh, Pa.
We just ordered our new V Lite 30 WIKSS. We can barely wait for it to come in.
The last new TT we bought was when our kids were young.
Marlene found this forum before we finalized our order. What a wealth of information!
We have been seasonal campers for many years now. This trailer will also be used as a seasonal for a few years until we retire. (if all goes as planned)

Denny and Marlene
Hi Denny and Marlene,

Did you get the TT yet? We are looking at ordering it and wanted to know your thoughts on the sink in the island and location of the bathroom if you had guests. Thanks Tony and Catherine
tfishcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #25

Hi Tony and Catherine, We still haven't heard from Trailer City yet. We're gonna call them this week to check on it. We are anxiously awaiting though! We'll let you know when we get it. Thanks , Denny
Old 03-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #26

We have the 30WIKSS since Dec and love it! The island is great because it can double as extra work space with one or both covers on the sink. As far as the front bathroom, it depends on how often you plan on having guests and how close a friend they are. Lol. Personally we got it for just the two of us and maybe our two closest friends will stay over sometime. It's SO nice to have two sinks. One of the inks, BTW, empties into the black water tank. It also have a separate galley grey ware tank. One thing that Forest River discontinued in 2010 was the external phone jack. Which is not a big deal if you don't stay in one place long. We own a lot and wanted DSL so my husband installed smack by coming up through the floor in the back. Looks like it was factory installed. Enjoy you RV!
Lydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
Site Team

Welcome to the forums! Hopefully soon you will have your new RV at home. Please do keep us updated and remember that pictures are always welcome too.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmer364 View Post
Hi Tony and Catherine, We still haven't heard from Trailer City yet. We're gonna call them this week to check on it. We are anxiously awaiting though! We'll let you know when we get it. Thanks , Denny

Thanks for the quick reply. I am excited for you getting the trailor as if I had already orderd it
Old 03-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydz View Post
We have the 30WIKSS since Dec and love it! The island is great because it can double as extra work space with one or both covers on the sink. As far as the front bathroom, it depends on how often you plan on having guests and how close a friend they are. Lol. Personally we got it for just the two of us and maybe our two closest friends will stay over sometime. It's SO nice to have two sinks. One of the inks, BTW, empties into the black water tank. It also have a separate galley grey ware tank. One thing that Forest River discontinued in 2010 was the external phone jack. Which is not a big deal if you don't stay in one place long. We own a lot and wanted DSL so my husband installed smack by coming up through the floor in the back. Looks like it was factory installed. Enjoy you RV!
Thanks Lydz. We appreciate hyour review and how you plan to use it. We also plan on it mainly being us and maybe one or two close couples. I didn't think about the DSL. We are new to TT but have been looking for a couple of years. So we don't have mush historical context of features no longer used.