Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #1

Cool Newbies in SC purchased 2021 FR Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH Limited

Hi & so glad to find this forum! We are newbies to TT owning and are/were SO excited! We looked at used ones but couldn't find one we liked & fit in. Our sons at home with us are 16 & 23 and both over 6' tall! So, we took a look at new ones & really liked one but it was sold when we sat down with salesman, so, second choice was 2021 FR Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH Limited.
Nice double size bunks that 6' people can lay a bit diagonal on and fit!
I wish it had more counter space though.

We had our 2 first overnight trips locally, with friends that got their TT last year, to learn more and so glad we did. Our second trip was interesting. After setting up & leveling, we tried to put our slide out & it was stuck in on the bottom front corner! We did notice some growling & had to assist it going all the way in first trip but had no idea it wouldn't come out again! We paid for second place so figured we would talk to dealer after it. That was 10/10/20. We are still waiting on the warranty parts to arrive.

We had a few other issues, I am writing them all down and going to speak to the general manager of the dealership when we go to drop it off again for slide work & awning replacement - yes, hole(s) in awning.
The excitement of the camper has been carrying us through the mess but it is wearing thin waiting so long. They even expected us to leave in on their lot while waiting for parts! Ha! I said unless you are going to make payments while it is here, we will be taking it home! They didn't close it all the way after getting it out for inspection & now it leaks! They said to put a tarp on it. If they would have closed it all the way there would not be this issue. Put a tarp on it really made me mad! Guess I have just had it with them.

We like the idea of lifetime warranty at the dealership we purchased from but the issues with a brand new TT are really getting to us. I guess I need to research lemon laws. Just not sure what to do.
I sure hope they get it all fixed next week, they said parts shipping 11/20, or I may not be so nice and understanding any longer!

- Slide stuck in
- hole(s) in awning
- financing issues they had to reimburse us for
- leaked under kitchen - fixed
- scars on screen door where it hits latch
- TV mount they promised never came, I purchased one & then they installed it sideways & un-usable in wrong area. Now they need to move it & fill holes in the bedroom ceiling & reimburse us for it!
- someone went in our locked storage compartment - no business being in there - and took our sway bars and pins while it was at dealer. It took at least 45 minutes for them to locate our sway bars and pins on someones parts cart!! We were stuck waiting there!!

Sorry - intro & venting - guess it can only get better!!
Brandy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:40 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. it has been my experience on the forum its better to make several smaller posts then one large one if you want folks to read and answer.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new purchase. Sorry to here of your issues. Basically this is a place to introduce your self and if you have issues then you should post under the sub thread for grey wolf. You will get a better response there than here. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:11 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum from Aiken County, SC!

Sorry to hear about your problems. I wont bore you with ours haha. Our second trailer. If you are going to be an RV owner. You need to be "rich" ( a relative term) or very much DIY capable. Mechanically, electrically and plumbing

Service is spotty depending on dealer. What part of SC are you in? No zip code required haha.

GoodLuck!
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:16 PM   #5

Brandy06,

I'm a newbie as well. Just bought a new Sunseeker MBS motorhome. Your problems are very concerning. Wondering if it is a dealer or manufacturer problem. But if your slide has to get stuck, better in than out.

So far we have only had minor problems. Biggest is a non-working 12 volt refrigerator.

Okay, I know I will get scolded because this is the welcome mat.

Welcome!
Old 11-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.ArmyVeteran View Post
Welcome to the forum from Aiken County, SC!

Sorry to hear about your problems. I wont bore you with ours haha. Our second trailer. If you are going to be an RV owner. You need to be "rich" ( a relative term) or very much DIY capable. Mechanically, electrically and plumbing

Service is spotty depending on dealer. What part of SC are you in? No zip code required haha.

GoodLuck!

Thanks! We are in Lancaster, SC. Purchased in McBee, SC. If we went used we would be more understanding but it is a 2021 with lifetime warranty and the extra warranty too. So frustrated right now.
Brandy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 05:39 PM   #7
Multi-Slacker

Welcome from Southern California!
Sorry about all your problems. If this has not already been suggested, consider working with Forest River to engage an approved, independent repair person or company.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy06 View Post
Thanks! We are in Lancaster, SC. Purchased in McBee, SC. If we went used we would be more understanding but it is a 2021 with lifetime warranty and the extra warranty too. So frustrated right now.
I hear you. If you give up on your dealer or ever need work. Warranty or otherwise. You can give Tony's RV a call. They are in Lexington. About 80 miles from you it seems. Not too bad a trip mostly interstate.

They are not a dealership. They do not sell RVs. They Renovate older RVs and do repair work. I only used them once (warranty) and was very happy with the work and scheduling. Your mileage may vary.

Good Luck!
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:56 AM   #9
Site Team

Welcome. This thread link may help some and it aimed at those new rv owners. Hope it helps:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ts-157524.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
26dbh, cherokee, grey wolf, newbie