Hi & so glad to find this forum! We are newbies to TT owning and are/were SO excited! We looked at used ones but couldn't find one we liked & fit in. Our sons at home with us are 16 & 23 and both over 6' tall! So, we took a look at new ones & really liked one but it was sold when we sat down with salesman, so, second choice was 2021 FR Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH Limited.
Nice double size bunks that 6' people can lay a bit diagonal on and fit!
I wish it had more counter space though.
We had our 2 first overnight trips locally, with friends that got their TT last year, to learn more and so glad we did. Our second trip was interesting. After setting up & leveling, we tried to put our slide out & it was stuck in on the bottom front corner! We did notice some growling & had to assist it going all the way in first trip but had no idea it wouldn't come out again! We paid for second place so figured we would talk to dealer after it. That was 10/10/20. We are still waiting on the warranty parts to arrive.
We had a few other issues, I am writing them all down and going to speak to the general manager of the dealership when we go to drop it off again for slide work & awning replacement - yes, hole(s) in awning.
The excitement of the camper has been carrying us through the mess but it is wearing thin waiting so long. They even expected us to leave in on their lot while waiting for parts! Ha! I said unless you are going to make payments while it is here, we will be taking it home! They didn't close it all the way after getting it out for inspection & now it leaks! They said to put a tarp on it. If they would have closed it all the way there would not be this issue. Put a tarp on it really made me mad! Guess I have just had it with them.
We like the idea of lifetime warranty at the dealership we purchased from but the issues with a brand new TT are really getting to us. I guess I need to research lemon laws. Just not sure what to do.
I sure hope they get it all fixed next week, they said parts shipping 11/20, or I may not be so nice and understanding any longer!
- Slide stuck in
- hole(s) in awning
- financing issues they had to reimburse us for
- leaked under kitchen - fixed
- scars on screen door where it hits latch
- TV mount they promised never came, I purchased one & then they installed it sideways & un-usable in wrong area. Now they need to move it & fill holes in the bedroom ceiling & reimburse us for it!
- someone went in our locked storage compartment - no business being in there - and took our sway bars and pins while it was at dealer. It took at least 45 minutes for them to locate our sway bars and pins on someones parts cart!! We were stuck waiting there!!
Sorry - intro & venting - guess it can only get better!!