Now it's in the back driveway
I already started a thread in Palomino owners because I was trying to learn more from anyone who might also be the owner of the Revolve line of trailers. I pulled the plug about 2 weeks ago and decided to take my giddyup and go and take the new permanently remote position I started April 1st on the road. First I need to fix up and sell my home near Sacramento and downsize into the roughly 160 sf space.
So a few details:
My name is Raelyn, 50 years old female as of April 19th, Sales and Marketing Lead for an IT services firm based out of New York State. I'm in a long term committed relationship but will be traveling solo with my protector, Ava a 5 year old german shepherd. My guy is wanting to spend some serious time in the woods and had hoped to go to Alaska before COVID so this seemed to be a good compromise while eliminating a lot of living expense. Family in Washington and Michigan, friends throughout the West, Southwest and Southeast. Spent a lot of time and miles on the road and prior experience with trailers, motorhomes, boats etc. Contemplated tiny homes for years but wanted the mobility of a rig easily moved.
Why I chose the Revolve EV2? (I didn't - I chose the EV1 but the guy brought home an EV2 and you make it work)
- On board solar with batteries and inverter that is expandable
- Had the required major spaces for me - work zone, sleep zone, cook zone, bathroom
- It's the smallest space that I felt like I could work with considering I have a 75 pound furry travel companion
- MFG specs list is at just under 4,000 pounds dry weight
- I can stand up in it (and not hit my head on anything except in the shower) and I can sleep in it (i'm 6'1")
- I liked the interior, I like the 'murphy bed/couch with large drawers under, liked the overall look and feel
- What I miss about the EV1 over the EV2 the dinette was on a slide and was slightly larger for working, but setup in the 2 is overall better location of fireplace, pantry, and dinette, and I don't need to worry about slide maintenance.
Hoping for an on the road date of July 2021.
'Revolve Digital Nomad'