Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #1

Nused 2008 WPT 24LK

Hello from Newberry, Michigan ( Tahquamenon Falls )

I just picked up a barely used 24 foot 2008 Work & Play trailer in Wisconsin from a private seller. I needed a Toy hauler that would haul my 84 Audi Race car that also has living quarters... The W&P trailers seem to be best suited for this for the right price. I bought a weight distributing hitch on the way down but wasnt able to get it hooked up in the guys driveway, so i ran up the highway for 40 miles without it.. Tows much better with that hooked up.. Towing it with an 05 Tahoe Z71 was a breeze... Looking forward to getting some weight above the axles and seeing how it runs down the road...

Taking it camping for the first time this weekend... Upgraded the battery to a much higher CCA which meant putting a larger box on the tounge.... The previous owner lost the sewer hose and hgave away the power cable ( Doh ) so im scrambling for the 50 amp cables and adapters....

Rally43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new to you RV. Hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it.

Just one bit of information for you on sizing of RV batteries. CCA is useless for determining a good battery for RV use. You need to pay attention to the actual amp Hour rating of the battery. CCA is used to figure how many amps are available for a quick burst to start an engine. Getting a battery with the highest amp hour rating you can get is more important for RVs as you are pulling amperage slowly and over a long period of time. 6volt batteries are usually much better than 12volt for RV use if you are in situations where you don't have hookups.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new to you RV. Hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it.

Just one bit of information for you on sizing of RV batteries. CCA is useless for determining a good battery for RV use. You need to pay attention to the actual amp Hour rating of the battery. CCA is used to figure how many amps are available for a quick burst to start an engine. Getting a battery with the highest amp hour rating you can get is more important for RVs as you are pulling amperage slowly and over a long period of time. 6volt batteries are usually much better than 12volt for RV use if you are in situations where you don't have hookups.

Thanks for the tip.... I cant remember what the Amp hour rating was... Its a large Marine battery...
Old 09-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Jan Goldfield

Great rig! Good luck with finding what you need.
Tahquamenon Falls is one of the prettiest parts of Michigan. My parents would take us there at least one a year for vacation.

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondlady View Post
Great rig! Good luck with finding what you need.
Tahquamenon Falls is one of the prettiest parts of Michigan. My parents would take us there at least one a year for vacation.

Jan thanks..

We have a guy that comes up here in the winter from Louisiana and stays at the falls, for 1-2 weeks to go Snowmobiling..... He camps up here in the winter...
Old 09-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
Jan Goldfield

We were there in the '40's. No snowmobiles yet <G>
i was born in Spring Lake, MI, so a trip to the UP or around the lake was the order of the day for vacations when I was a youngster.

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondlady View Post
We were there in the '40's. No snowmobiles yet <G>
i was born in Spring Lake, MI, so a trip to the UP or around the lake was the order of the day for vacations when I was a youngster.

Its changed a bit since then.. Now there is a Brew Pub and Great dining from the family who donated the property to teh state of Michigan...

Some pics: Tahquamenon Falls