My wife and I bought a new 2104S last July, so we've had it about a year. I've been lurking on this forum for almost that entire time, learning how some things work, and what upgrades we wanted to make to it. I finally signed up, as I've seen a few threads where I could have definitely helped the OP, but I couldn't without a login...so here I am! Next time I can help someone, I will. This forum has helped me understand my new trailer and RV life quite a bit, so I owe it back
So far, I've made a few modifications and additions. Kind of trying to get it set up for boondocking, as we like to go to the middle of nowhere and see no one. However, we'll also be using it for trips to full hookup sites to see popular sights too.
- Progressive Industries HW30 EMS
- Victron BMV712 battery monitor
- Victron 250 watt pure sine wave inverter to run the TV and small extras
- Winegard signal meter TV amp
- Digital ColemanMach thermostat, the analog one had a huge temp swing
- Swapped original Interstate FLA battery for a pair of Optima yellow top AGMs (i had them leftover from another solar project - they will be fine for now)
- Changed converter to a Progressive Dynamics for faster generator charging (able to force to bulk mode) and future Li upgrade
- Replaced barely functional USB charging center, and added a second one for the other side of the bed
- Other boondocking prep included getting a waste water tote, macerator pump, 140 watt suitcase solar panel, a second Yamaha EF2000iS for pairing, and a bunch of little odds and ends like cords, adapters and hoses
If anyone is interested in how or where I put some of the new equipment, please let me know. I can take some pics to post. I'm particularly proud of the battery monitor and inverter install. I added a weatherproof box behind my tongue mount batteries to house the meter shunt, a 50 amp resettable breaker for the inverter, and a fused 20A pigtail for the macerator pump or other 12V accessory.
Again, I'd like to thank the forum as a whole, for the help you've unknowingly gave me so far. If I can help some of you in the future, please let me know and I'll try if i can!