Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #1

Picking up my new Wildwood 26BH xlite on Friday

The dealer just called and told me that our trailer is here and everything checked out good. There was only one small problem - it's a 2012 and not a 2011.

This will be out first TT and it is a little larger than what I went looking for but the permenant beds is what sold us on this trailer. It was also cheaper than what we were first looking at.

Still a little nervous about towing it. Never pull anything this long before and little worried about trying to back it into the yard with the way our streets are designed but nothing a little practice shouldn't take care of.

The TV is a 2007 Nissan Armanda LE with the Big Tow Package.

Just hope that I get home with it on Friday before the rush hour traffic starts in Atlanta on Friday.

Paul Manning
pandkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #2

Congrats! We just picked up a Wolf Pack 19WP last Friday. On the way home we stopped in a parking lot with a lot of room and practiced backing up at different angles. When we got home I made it into the driveway on the second try. I think i would have made it on the first try except an impatient driver decided not to wait 30 seconds and tried to go around me in the middle of backing up, so I had to abort! I think it was easier to back up than our 6x12 cargo trailer.

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #3

Congratulations to both of you on the new campers!

Ron, great idea on practicing in a parking lot!

As for the 6x12, the shorter the distance from the ball to the axle, the harder it is to back up. (As a general rule...)

John
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote