Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #1

Smile Potential new owner to a Flagstaff V-Lite Model 21WRS

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and am hoping you campers will pass along advice. We currently own a Bayside Fleetwood/Coleman pop-up and are thinking of trading it in for the Flagstaff V-Lite 21WRS model. I recently retired and hope to travel and camp a lot more now. Is there anyone out there that already owns one of these models or something similar that can tell me what they think about this model. I loved our Bayside because my family camps at Assateague, Maryland every year where we run on battery and use our own water. My friend who just bought a Roo loves hers because she still has a lot of ventilation. I'm hoping I will love this model too...we plan to go many other places than Assateague where there will be electrical hook up and water...so don't see too much of a problem. Please offer your words of encouragement or warnings or both.
Thanks.
Catherine Ann
catherine ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #2

Well I have never owned one Catherine but welcome to the forum. There are several members here that have similar trailers and I am sure will chime in soon.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #3

Thank you so much for the speedy reply. I do appreciate the friendly format here...
Take care and happy travels.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum. I don't have that model either, but most systems on trailers work very similar so if you have non model specific questions, don't hesitate to ask those either. There are plenty of people here who can help you with those.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #5

Thank you. Guess no news, is good news. Enjoy your brew
Old 08-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #6

I for one have traded in a Coleman Utah w/slideout dining room and cassette potty, water heater, king on each end. We loved it , but needed more space, so I got a 30 WRLS V lite- (2 slides.) We love it to death, easy to set up, and plenty of room. Power everything on ours- I even use an 18v cordless drill for the 4 corner jacks! No straining for me! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #7

Randy, thank you so much for reassuring me. We are ordering it now. Can't wait!
Cathy
Old 08-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #8

One thing you'll need is a good weight distribution hitch, such as a Reese Dual cam, or an Equalizer, or a Blue Ox. That will make your towing experiences much safer, and more confident. My rig is 7575 lbs DRY- as delivered from the factory. With personal supplies, gas and accessories, I'm looking at close to 9,000 lbs. towing. If dry camping, add water weight there and sewage weight back, also. I have a hemi ram 1500 Quad cab to pull with- but it is really under rated for this job. YES, it gets it done, but a heavier duty truck, say a 2500 would make the driving experience feel better, at least to me. Just saying be aware that whatever your'e pulling with, make sure it can handle the extra weight. Good luck, Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #9

Welcome to the forum! I am sure you are excited about getting a new camper. Hope you enjoy it and have many safe and happy trips in it.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2000 Suburban 1500 4 X 4
ngts camped 2016-24 so far. reservations for 11 more
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:12 PM   #10

I don't know about the model you are getting, but I do know that when we went from a pop-up to a travel trailer, one of the nice things was not having to crank it up in order to go inside. Rest areas are not always there when you need them, and I like the idea of being able to pull over in just about any safe parking spot, use my own facilities and then be back on my way. Tough to do that in a pop-up. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new unit for many other reasons, too. You are correct that this is a very friendly site and if you're like me, you'll learn something new every time you visit.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #11

Thank you Randy. I believe we have to get a new hitch and new mirrors. We also wondered about the sway bar too...I'm really not mechanical so will transfer your information to my husband. Thanks also Donna and Surveyor...you make me feel very welcome. It's nice knowing there are people out there who care. Enjoy
Old 03-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #12

This is pretty late for Catherine, but for anyone else out there that is reading this old thread, I just spent our first trip out in our new 2011 / 21WRLS. GREAT trailer for what we were looking for. Not a lot of dancing space inside, but why do people go camping to stay in the trailer anyway?

We too were looking at buying a Roo that we could dance in, but were concerned about my wife's ability to manage the beds by herself when I'm not there. We decided on the V Lite because of all of it's easy buttons. Everything is electric. Yes they can break, but all have manual options until the motor gets fixed. Bathroom is huge up front so we both even be in it at same time. Mostly, we LOVE the king bed! Heck, it's just the two of us; you know what I mean. What more space does a couple really need when camping?
rlawrence2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #13
Retired US Navy Diver

I have the V-lite 21wrs. It works great for me because my business takes me into hospitals and surgery centers. So I pull into parking lots and thru city streets and this compact trailer works great. It also gives me the room with the rear slide to still have a dinette and couch. I can close the curtain to the bed and have a contractor meeting at the dinette table and have privacy to the back of the trailer. If your gonna be traveling w/ yourself and DW, it's gonna be crowded. I also have a retaining wall along one side of the parking spot so I needed the rear slide. Was at the Portland RV show looking at 5th wheels for when I finally grow up and take the wife places.
gktsuda1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #14

Thanks rlawrence2 and gktsuda1956 for your replies. We got to use our camper for the first time last October. It was wonderful....I am so happy and can't wait to use it again. The only bad part is the 9 mpg we get with our truck pulling it....we will have to find a great place and stay put for a week or so. Hope to go to the Outer Banks soon to camp. Any recommendations?