Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #1

Problems with Suburban propane oven

I have a 2013 Solaire 201SS with a Suburban oven. I the model # is SRNA3SBBE. The pilot light starts OK and stays lite, however the flame appears low. The oven burner ignites and the oven will get up to temperature. At this point I read in the owners manual that the oven burner will adjust down to maintain a constant oven temperature. At this point the oven kind of "Spits and pops" for a minute or two and then shuts off including the pilot light. The oven has never been used and is still under warranty. I'm looking for a cause and solution for the problem.
Steveinthehills
Steveinthehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Try lighting a burner on the stove at the same time and see what happens.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice, I think I already tried this to no avail.
Steve
Old 04-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Did the stove burner do anything? If not, it's time to visit your dealer.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #5

We have the exact same problem. We have had our TT for a year and a half and never used the oven until we went to Texas for the winter in January. My dealer set me up with a dealer in Texas and got the run around. He finally got the approval to check out the oven and decided it needed a new thermal coupler and pilot light assembly. After 2 months he finally received the assembly but didn't have man power to work on it. I took the assembly and was going to put in myself. But looking at it, was the wrong one. I called my dealer and now we are back in Missouri, I have taken it to them to repair it. I'm told now that it could be months before it is fixed because they are having problems getting the assembly. My dealer also told me they are seeing this a lot with Suburban ovens. If my dealer is seeing this, it means all of the dealers are seeing it also. Suburban must be having a big problem.
Marbletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #6

Don,
Thanks for the reply, your information has really helped me out. I will be contacting my dealer in the next week or so. I may even call the manufacturer and ask if there is a recall or to what knowledge they have about the problem. Once again, thanks.
Steve

Tags
propane, suburban