Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2018, 02:48 PM   #1

Residential Refrigerator Freezing

We just purchased a used 2014 Georgetown 351ds with a Frigidaire FGHF2344MF7 residential refrigerator. On our first trip, everything went well until we started home and my wife found a large amount of water on the floor in front of the refrigerator. After much searching I finally tracked the source to the bottom of the refrigerator. There was a slab of ice there and some water.It has the freezer below the fridge but the ice is forming in the refrigerator not the freezer. I take the ice out but it re-forms in 3-4 days. I can not find a place where it is supposed to drain. Any ideas???
Old 05-28-2018, 02:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowJoe View Post
We just purchased a used 2014 Georgetown 351ds with a Frigidaire FGHF2344MF7 residential refrigerator. On our first trip, everything went well until we started home and my wife found a large amount of water on the floor in front of the refrigerator. After much searching I finally tracked the source to the bottom of the refrigerator. There was a slab of ice there and some water.It has the freezer below the fridge but the ice is forming in the refrigerator not the freezer. I take the ice out but it re-forms in 3-4 days. I can not find a place where it is supposed to drain. Any ideas???
It doesn't have a drain. My fridge at home has no drain. Has a ketch pan. The water evaporates as it runs. What is the ref side temp set at? Defrost timer might be out. Should be a drain hole with a short hose to the pan.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
Site Team

There's a drain line between the bottom of the fridge and the catch pan at the very back of the fridge. It's heated so either it's plugged up with debris or the heating device isn't keeping it free of ice and it's iced up.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
It doesn't have a drain. My fridge at home has no drain. Has a ketch pan. The water evaporates as it runs. What is the ref side temp set at? Defrost timer might be out. Should be a drain hole with a short hose to the pan.
The refrigerator is set at 40F and the freezer is at 6F. There seems to be a spot in the bottom left rear of the refrigerator where water comes from the rest of the refrigerator and collects and freezes. I thought the drain to the catch pan would be there but I can't find one. If anyone has any idea where the drain is please let me know. Don't want to have to pull the fridge out to find it.

Tags
refrigerator